Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dr. Appointment / Shower / Governors Landing

The day started much too early for me.  If you have been reading me for a while you know I do not particularly care for coffee and usually only drink it when I have a long drive or when I am freezing to death. This morning I had a cup to keep me awake and give me energy for the long day ahead of me.

Mother's doctor was able to work her in as she has been in constant pain since July 3rd and he was on vacation.  It bears mentioning that the two times I took her to the ER at Val Verde Regional Medical Center were a complete waste of time.  They never address what was causing the pain or gave her anything to treat it.  Though I am sure she will soon receive a nice bill from them.

When the telephone rang this afternoon and it was from his office...my heart sank as I thought they would not be able to work her in after all.  However, it was to notify me that he was running behind on his appointments and if I could bring her in an hour later.  What a break as I was having a heck of a time trying to dress her when each movement sent a sharp pain down her back.

Not ten minutes later the skies opened up and the area where mother lives finally got a good healthy shower even though per Weatherbug it only amounted to .18" ...but that is better than nothing!  Boy, was I ever glad her appointment had been delayed.

After examining her, it was too late in the day to get all the tests and X-rays he ordered.  He did give her something to address the pain until a cause can be pinpointed.  The prescription was not going to be ready for an hour at our local HEB so decided to kill some time by driving to my favorite Amistad campground...Governors Landing.

There were only two occupied camp spaces but there were several families in the public section of Governors Landing.  Families were swimming, fishing and cooking out late this afternoon.

Looks like it rained here too.

Someone in their speed boat

kids fishing

People swimming way up there



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, can I feel for your Mom! My prayers are with her, you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope it doesn't take surgery to correct the problem! About 25 years ago I had surgery for a neck injury. They used cadaver bone to supposedly correct the problem and Its given me hell ever since! Has she tried a chiropractor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope surgery is not required. We do not have a chiropractor in Del Rio or at least not that I know of.

      Hoping the tests next week will shed some light as to the origin of the pain.

      Delete

    2. Chiropractic Clinic
      401 W Cantu Rd, Ste A
      Del Rio, TX 78840
      (830) 775-7777

      Delete
    3. Thank you Ed.

      We will see what the doctor orders once he gets the results from her tests.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.