Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Upside to yard work?

If you have been reading me for a while, you know I suffer from insomnia and stay up till the wee hours of the morning.  After all the raking and bundling up of those darn mesquite pods, I was very tired.  My arms ached but I ran out of aspirins a while back...all we had in the house was some Tylenol my uncle left behind on his last visit.  I do not take Tylenol because it contains Acetaminophen.

I went to bed early (for me) about 3:00 a.m. got up at 7:30 a.m. to serve mother breakfast and was back in bed by 8:00 a.m.  Would you believe I did get up till 1:53 p.m.?

Wait it gets better...sat down to watch the 5:00 p.m. news and drifted in and out of sleep until 6:00 p.m.  Told mother to wake me up at 7:00 p.m. so I could go rake some more pods but she did not wake me because she wanted me to rest.  Woke up on my own at 9:45 p.m.

I slept more hours today than I have in the past three days!  I feel very refreshed...who knew there could be an upside to yard work?

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.