Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The "other" Cook-off

I am not going to bore you with the history of the Chili Cook-off or why there are now two.  I am sure you can google it and read to your hearts content.  I did find a short version  http://cravedfw.com/2012/10/31/the-colorful-history-of-the-chili-cook-off/

 
If you ask almost anyone in the area or that has been to a cook-off...they will tell you "The Original" is the tame one and the CASI one is the "wild one".


Like I have mentioned before I do not leave the confines of the CASI grounds once Wednesday arrives unless somebody else is driving.  If I have not done it by Tuesday it is not going to get done, visited or purchased.


It is known as "The Home of the Original Terlingua International Championship Chili Cook-off" a mouthful but more commonly known as the cook-off behind the Store.  It has its followers including a neighbor up the street from Mom's house.  Have heard nothing but good things about the event, however, it is not for me...at least not yet.


I always heard that it was a rather small gathering but I had never seen it with my own eyes.  Now I can confirm that.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.