Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, December 23, 2013

Skype / Obamacare

I am so tired of seeing this message, I could barf!!!!!

                                  Skype Click to Call has crashed

Ever since hotmail replaced their IM with Skype I see it daily.  Anyone know how to get rid of this short of quitting hotmail, the only e-mail I like?  Ok, end of rant.

As you all know my life changed drastically since mother got sick back in July.  It has been doctors, hospitals, CT's, MRI's, operations and trips to San Angelo, Texas.  A lovely town by the way but one I would rather not see for a while or perhaps under different circumstances.

Why do I mention all this?  Because now I am in charge of everything which includes cooking....and you all know I am barely able to boil water and that is no lie...last night I forgot about the water and I could of caused a fire!  But then again that could have been my CRS (if you don't know what that is look at the banner on the right) coming in to play mixed with Nyquil.

Anyhow the point I am trying to make is that these days I barely have time for anything let along watching the evening news.  Last night I watched my first complete newscast since July...and what do I find?  Today is the last day to sign up for Obamacare or I am going to be fined!

I know I am a procrastinator but I really did not put this off on purpose.  All I heard these past months were of delays and complications in the sign-up process and even an extension but no firm deadlines. Guess I better get with it :-(

Hoping everyone's day goes better than mine.


UPDATE

Good news deadline has been extended until Dec 24th  http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/23/countdown-to-obamacare-deadlines/

2 comments:

  1. I would guess that you would be better off to pay the fine and get your medical care from a doctor in Mexico. I am researching that alternative for when/if my eligibility with the VA gets withdrawn. Congress has talked about dropping level 7 & 8 VA eligibility and now that they have reduced military pensions in this latest Budget Agreement I think it is only a matter of time until they do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After pricing the "affordable insurance" I definitively will be better off paying the fine.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.