Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Laundromat / P.O. Box

It was very windy today.  Needed to go to the laundromat but decided if I have waited this long might as well put it off for another day...or two, or three!  It is a good thing we have tons of towels, sheets and blankets. I am so glad I brought them to Del Rio or I am sure they too would have been history after they broke into my house in Houston a couple of years back.

Friday when I drove into town, I passed by the laundromat and they had a full house.  Too many people are finding out about this jewel of a place and even people from Ciudad Acuña are making their way there.  I just hope they do not go up on the prices.  They have excellent hours 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.  Would love to go at night but my night vision leaves a lot to be desired.

I need to tackle my ever growing mail stack.  That reminds me...I also have to pay the P.O. Box fee which for a small box is now $72.00 a year.  However, it is well worth the price for the piece of mind it buys that our correspondence is safe from the inclement of the weather but most importantly from prying neighbors. We have had the same P.O. Box for 40 years and since the majority of the mail is for me, it is only fair that I pay for it.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. We also have a post office box at the Cut & Shoot, Post Office. I can't see the end of the driveway and mailboxes are targets for young mischievous drivers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides the mischievous drivers ...there is also the identity theft factor. I am sold on our P.O. Box.

      Delete
  2. Quit the PO years ago, mine is delivered. But no problems here. The rent here is like yours, but just 22 miles away in our county, its like 4.00. Never understood that. Keep peeping out your window,,,lololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we moved out to the county there was no mail delivery that is why we got the P.O. Box. A couple of years later people were allowed to put up mail boxes in a specific area by the side of the road but they were always a target of teenagers with took much time on their hands.

      Now they have those condo mailboxes (for lack of a better term) and even though they are locked the vandals are always spray painting graffiti on them. They do not do door to door delivery out where mom lives.

      Delete
  3. Ms B how long have you been away from your house? and is it boarded up for safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been gone for ten years but I used to be able to go every month to check on it.

      They broke in back in January 2009 and took everything but the kitchen sink. My worthless neighbor had my telephone number but she claimed she lost it. I had no knowledge of the break-in ...did not find out about it until I got home. All she had to do was call the HOA so they could send me a letter but she chose not to.

      Being the Town Crier she went and told everyone in the block that my house was open so they went and helped themselves to everything the initial thieves did not take.

      After that I got an alarm system and last year I hired a gardener so the house can at least look maintained and lived in.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.