Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, November 10, 2017

Tiny Teardrop

Earlier this week had to make a run to Walmart where I spotted this cute little teardrop being towed by a motorcycle.


It is the smallest teardrop I have ever seen.


I took the first two pictures before I spotted a guy eating in the picnic area and I asked him if it was his...he said it was and I asked his permission to take this last picture and he graciously allowed me to.


Would have loved to have asked him a couple of questions but I respected his privacy as he was eating and obviously passing through town.

When I came back out he was no longer there so I do not know if he was shopping or taking a nap but his teardrop was a hit as other people were snapping pictures right and left.

On another note, gasoline prices have gone up by .05 cents in two days. Regular unleaded is now selling for $2.19 per gallon.

Today we had another appointment at the wound care unit of our local hospital.  I have to take mother there three times a week. Wednesday and today were sheer torture as they had to remove the yellow part of the wound. Thankfully her doctor finally prescribed some pain medication as Tylenol and Aleve are basically useless in her case.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. A place out of the rain to sleep... Gasoline went up here too, $2.43 most places.
    If the Saudis & the Iran get into it I'll bet we'll be looking back on these prices as the good old days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more Rob, hopefully these middle eastern tensions will ease and lessen their effect on the price we pay for gasoline.

      Delete
  2. If I know something is definitely going to hurt a lot, I ask for some kind of local anesthetic first. It might be quicker and easier to just grin and bear it, but I won'd do that anymore.

    I have always loved teardrops. That was going to be my first RV until I realized I couldn't live out of one for any great length of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first took mother to have the bandages the paramedics put on her leg removed, I asked him if he could give her something and he said they did not have anything on hand, that only the hospital had it.

      At the Hospital Wound Care unit I asked the same and they said the doctor would have to approve it and he would ask. Our local hospital is not very good. It was thanks to the home health care worker who is in contact with both the doctor and the Hospital that they were finally able to get her a topical cream and some pain medication.

      Delete
  3. Love the tear drop but I have more room in my camper shell. But the T@B Tear Drop is my love.
    Gas goes from $2.27 - $2.32 back and forth.

    I to would ask for local anesthetic why make her suffer. Some can be put on top of the skin. Hope she heals fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tear drop is ideal for a single person and in particular for this gentlemen who was hauling it with his motorcycle. Since I do not know how to haul anything, I will stick my Kodiak canvas tent.

      Mother was finally given the topical cream yesterday. Thanks for your good wishes.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.