Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, November 4, 2017

HEB shopping on Saturday

I am becoming loonier by the day...so much so that I actually went to HEB at 11:00 a.m. While I avoid grocery shopping on weekends, I had to go buy some medication for mother as she has been in a lot of pain since she fell.

We only have two grocery stores in Del Rio...HEB and Walmart...but this town is growing by leaps and bounds and it's time to allow some more competition to set up shop here.  I swear the whole town was there.  Even ran into people I had not seen in a long time, some whom I would have preferred not to have seen.

They have been remodeling this store and have moved everything around. Took me longer than expected due to all this rearrangement.  They have even added a curbside pick-up area something I needed a couple of years back when I was diagnosed with Fibromyositis and could barely get around.

Considered running more errands but the crowds at HEB zapped my energy and decided to go home. I will NEVER come back on a Saturday unless it is a matter of life or death!

Temperatures have been in the 80's and the humidity has been high but a cold front is expected by Wednesday, can hardly wait!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I am so glad we broke our losing streak.  I enjoyed the game last night and seeing the young acquisitions in action...I was quite impressed!

8 comments:

  1. Shopping on a Saturday... if you need it you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually try to not shop anywhere on a weekend. I'm thinking of going to the $ store this morning, but thinking is all I've done about it so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also avoid shopping on weekends but like Rob said when you need it you need it.

      Delete
  3. I try to never shop on Sat. Sunday early is OK but now the snow birds have arrived and it is crowded all the time. Might have to go back to my working days schedule of hitting the store a 7:am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This area is also popular with winter Texans many whom are already here. However hitting the stores at 7:00 a.m. is a bit too drastic for me :)

      Delete
  4. GSG! Definitely could have a 6 game win streak with home games now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure enjoyed yesterday's game against the Phoenix Suns. Hope we have a repeat performance tomorrow against the Clippers.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.