Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, January 29, 2018

Bad lab report

I did not realize it has been almost two weeks since my last post.  I have been a little...more like a lot under the weather.  It seems like every day we either have a doctor's appointment, labs, trips to the pharmacy or some must do that I have famously put off until the last minute.

I went to the doctor last week to get the results of my labs and it did not go as well as my last visit. Darn cholesterol is up again as well as my blood pressure.  For my cough, she told me to take NyQuil HBP - a formula for those like myself who have to deal with high blood pressure.  I had no idea such a product existed.  She told me that if I did not get better to come see her again...at $95.00 a visit...I think I will pass.

The only saving grace is that my mother has not been affected by my bug.  This past couple of days I spent them in bed but come tomorrow we are back to our daily routine.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


12 comments:

  1. Get well Ms Belinda! (like you have anything else on your mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well kid. It only took two weeks for me to start getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are not feeling well. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about this prolonged illness, sure hope it gets out of your system already. Cholesterol is really hard to control. I'm waiting to hear about my labs that I did last week I know it isn't going to be very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here I thought I was doing Ok following a well balanced diet except for the month of December when I allowed myself to eat a couple of tamales and egg nog. You are right JO, cholesterol is hard to control :-(

      Delete
  5. It is really bad that it takes so much longer to get over the flu than to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were you I wouldn't waste money on commercial cough remedies. Here is a link I found with about 10 cough remedies you can make yourself with things like honey, lemon, ginger, etc. It might be worth a try if you have any of those ingredients on hand.
    https://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/10-natural-cough-remedies

    Sorry I can't figure out a way to link directly to the web site, so you will have to cut & paste the link. Hope you can quit coughing soon - it really takes a lot of energy from you when you need it most to get well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor's appointment was last Thursday. I headed to Walmart as soon as I came out to buy the cough medicine. The one thing I like about Nyquil is that it allows you to sleep something I really need.

      Thank you for the link it has some good suggestions even more in the comment section. Unfortunately, with the exception of honey,I do not have any of the other required ingredients at home.

      A TV show had some other suggestions including a "hot totty" but then again I have no Bourbon, Whiskey or liquor of any type.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.