Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Did anyone see the Super Red/Blue Moon?

Did anyone get up to see the Super Red/Blue Moon this morning?  I considered it but my bed was nice and warm and I just did not feel like going outside.  I do not even know if it was visible as there was fog in the area.  I will have to wait until 2037, that is if I happen to be alive on that date.

Even though it got to 71 degrees this afternoon I did not go outside.  For the past two weeks, I am being accosted by a white female cat.  I can not even go outside without she running up to me and /or following me around and whining like I was her mother or something.

I have never seen her before though we do have another stray around her age (about 8 months) that is totally black and that comes to eat the flour tortillas I put out for the birds since I am not able to eat them because of my high cholesterol.  While I hate to throw out food, I guess I will have to.

She is a total pest and tries to get in between my feet, the last thing I need is to take a fall...we have had more than our share of falls in this family!

That is all I have for today folks.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. The moon can take care of itself without early morning supervision from me. My bed can't. It needs careful close supervision until well after sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO Spurs corner again? (Sigh)
    Was up at 5:30 to see the super bloody blue moon only to see fog. (Sigh)
    TNT tomorrow night. You know what I say about the SPURS on TNT. But I feel lucky...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy, I have been under the influence of Nyquil as I have watched the last couple of games. That means I have been dozing on and off throughout the coverage and could not give a fair game assessment.

      I have a feeling we may not be as lucky tonight, hope I am wrong.

      Delete
    2. OK, I'll be patient. Won't expect any input until you're off the Nyquil.

      Delete
    3. Oh well, TNT with no luck = 11 pt loss. Needed some 3's to fall. Gonna go do a double shot of cherry flavored Nyquil and hit the sack! GSG, Ss - Saturday nite on KENS-5. Don't have to listen to Sir Charles talk about them big ol' San Antonio women.

      Delete
    4. At least it was not by 30 points like the loss The Golden State Warriors suffered the other day.

      The one that always eggs on Charles Barkley about the size of San Antonio women is Shaq...funny that both at their current weight could well be labeled...MORBIDLY OBESE!

      Enjoy your double shot of cherry flavored Nyquil, it is my favorite flavor as well.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think more people missed it than saw it. The good thing is with news coverage and the Internet we are able to see it as though we had personally witnessed it.

      Delete
  4. I caught it but not any of my pictures came out as I was holding still enough. I thought last night I should set up the tripod but no not me. So no pictures but it sure was interesting. I saw the changes as it went from white to dark and then red and then it was to low for me to see it anymore because the house next door blocked my view. And of course that is was my pictures showed the roof next door GRrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO you are the only person I know that was fortunate enough to follow along as it happened. I thought of you as you are in the ideal place to view it. Sorry that your pictures captured the roof next door but at least you saw it live and in person.

      Delete
  5. I have tried to watch events with the moon for years but have never seen anything of interest. I can usually see the moon from my bedroom window - in fact, the light from it often shines right on my bed - and I try to look at it whenever I can. But the "special events" are a big disappointment to me.

    I chased away a feral cat from my yard this morning. I think it gets into the crawl space under my house, and I don't want it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wondered if perhaps a feral cat or cats had not been behind the noises you had been hearing under your house lately.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.