Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, April 6, 2018

April 2018 trip to Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - México

If you recall my last trip to Ciudad Acuña was not as productive as I would have liked since I unknowingly went on a Mexican holiday.  This time I made sure to call the Mexican Post Office as well as the bank beforehand.

The package was shipped at a fraction of the cost that it would have cost my uncle if I had sent it from Del Rio. With that out of the way, we headed to the beauty shop as I had not been able to bring mother since she fell back in October.

We met Claudia a couple of years ago and since then mother has sent a lot of customers her way. She is very appreciative of that and treats us more like family than clients. When we met Claudia her little girl was around five or six and now she is a young lady.


The last time I went grocery shopping I found prices to be much higher than I remembered and Claudia confirmed it.  As you know I love my serrano peppers but the price is more than I am used to paying, however, it is cheaper than what I would pay at HEB.


On this trip, we only went to downtown Gutierrez as I like the shade canopies they have in their parking lot. They become even more important during the hot summer months,.


In México taxis are very affordable and they have several waiting to take you to your destination.


I have to give kudos to the city of Ciudad Acuña as they have installed new super big street signs with a built-in traffic light.


I have always wanted to take a picture of this old pick-up that advertises for the dental clinic where it is parked.


The lines to cross back to the United States where not so bad and they moved fast.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer to the border, but certainly not in Southern CA. I really like the street signs - ours are much larger than the old style, but these look even larger and adding the traffic light is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eye issues, therefore being able to read street names before I pass them and then having to turn around is definitively a plus for me.

      I also thought having the built-in traffic light was ingenious.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a nice clean city, the boarder town I would have to use is Nogales and it is so filthy even the American side, the smell is awful and I have not crossed the boarder in many years.

    Last post we talked about gas prices and I said it was $2.45 well the next day I went to get gas and it was $2.57. I bet by the end of the month it will be $3.00

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciudad Acuña is the safest border town in Texas, I do not think I would want to cross over to Mexico in El Paso or Laredo or for that matter anywhere in California. Not because of the safety issue but because the lines to cross either border are extremely long.

      I had no idea Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora were that bad off.

      Gas prices are on the rise here as well. Walmart had the cheapest price in town and I took advantage of it at $2.38 a gallon. I do not even want to venture a guess how much more it will go up.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.