Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

You can skip this post...just venting...

When I lived in Houston, I worked 60 plus hours a week in the oil industry for well over two decades. I never phantom that after closing that chapter of my life, things would get even more stressful. How could that be?  I was leaving the big city for a small border town, I would live at my mother's home and could look after her.  An added bonus would be that I was across the border from Mexico where I could receive quality medical care at the fraction of the price of the United States.

Let me tell you...my stressful former life pales in comparison to my current reality.  It might seem like I am complaining...I suppose I am just venting.  I do not like to preach to my readers but I will only say one thing...please take care of yourself and your health.  If you are lucky enough to have a family, children and a spouse please do it for them. OK, I will get off my soapbox now!

A few days ago my lady HOA neighbor called and left me at least 15 messages both at mother's home phone as well as my cell phone.  We were in San Antonio as we had an early morning appointment and chose to stay overnight.

Those that know me are aware that I HATE cell phones.  I never turn mine on unless I have to make a call. After getting home and listening to all these messages from the same person and not knowing why she sounded so hysterical...I thought the worst!

Dang, my head started spinning and I felt like I wanted to pass out thinking the worst. All types of scenarios came to my mind...did they break into my house, did it burn down, is someone squattering on my property, was there a shooting?

The reality, by comparison, was less dramatic than my overactive imagination. My neighbor's tree fell on my driveway blocking it completely and narrowingly missing the roof over my garage.  I did breath a sigh of relief at least momentarily.  You see this house has been vacant for over a decade after the death of its owner.  He never had insurance when he lived there, so there is no reason to believe his heirs have one now.

Today my same lady HOA neighbor told me that there are other branches about to fall and if they do so it will be on my roof and fence.  I have no other choice but to bite the bullet and pay for something that I should not have to...oh well :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I was saddened to learn of the passing of Erin Popovich, she was the wife of San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich. My heartfelt condolences to him and his family.

10 comments:

  1. When I was back in Washington state the neighbor's tree fell on my commute car and the corner of my garage.
    I talked to a few people about it... it seems that unless "that" tree had been reported as having a problem, it was NOT my neighbors problem. It was "an act of God" & my insurance would have to take care of the damage.
    Oh well....

    I usually tell myself that somethings I can do something about and that others ... well is nothing that I can do about them.
    Zero, zilch, nada..

    Stressing about that which I have zero control over just makes me crazy & that is not a good thing.

    I know it's easier said than done but it does help.

    Good luck Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty much what I have been told...it was "an act of God"...so I have to pay.

      Delete
  2. When things start to pile up on me I just remember what my Dad always told me, "Son, things are never so bad they can't get worse". I sure hope they don't get worse for you. Trust me, they sure can. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an old spanish saying that pretty much says the same thing and whenever I hear it I think of you.

      Delete
  3. I hope venting made you feel a little better, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dizzy, said it best. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what needs to be done. Hope it won't cost you to much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JO, I hope it does not cost too much either.

      Delete
  5. We're all part of the TD family in good times and not-so-good times. Vent when you need to!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.