Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Could my procrastination get any worst?

It seems all I do when it comes to doing yard work is to just look at the grass (weeds) grow.  I have a confession to make...two years ago I bought an electric lawnmower...I have yet to even open the box.  So if it's broken or missing any parts, I am out of luck.

I considered hiring someone to clear the lot of those darn mesquite trees, overgrown cactus, and other prickly desert plants.  However, I think the pesky white cat has her kittens somewhere in mom's yard and I do not want to harm them.

Her kittens must not need her as much even though they are only 18 days old as she is spending more and more time pestering me whenever I am outside.  She is not eating her dry cat food either, just nibbling on it but if I give her canned food she devours it...sorry cat, cans are expensive.

I need to go to the laundromat but I am tired of having to load and unload the clothes I carry in the trunk of my car in case there are few people when I drive by. That happened last week but with my, CRS forgot to bring the laundry detergent and dryer sheets...guess I will put that off for another day as well.

Today was a wasted day as the only podiatrist in town was going to try to fit in my mother but the call never came.  I needed to run several errands as tomorrow we have another doctor's appointment but those too will have to wait.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I am so glad we clinched a spot in the NBA playoffs though I must admit I did not expect the Sacramento Kings would give us such a hard time.

Congratulations to the Austin Spurs who won the 2018 NBA G League Championship.

Go Spurs Go!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laffs, La Abuela gata blanca. Things better get better soon for both of us and those Spurs....looking terrible tonite. There was a great clip about last Saturday nite when a group of Argentinians flew up to see Manu. One sold his car to buy a ticket for the 10 hr plane ride and another cashed in his life savings. Manu had a great game that night. They were singing and waving their flag. It was cool. I'll try and find it and email it to you.

    Hope your procrastinating ends soon and my #!@*!$%!! flu symptoms evaporate.

    Spursbro'

    PS - wait'll NEXT year! We're gonna get some good players and draft picks for Kawhi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a terrible loss, it was a good thing we beat the Kings or we would have been out of the playoffs tonight.

      I do not like having to play Houston or the Warriors in the first round.

      Hope you get to feeling better soon.

      Delete
  2. I kept the laundry stuff in the hamper or in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep the heavy items like towels,sheets and blankets in the trunk because those have to be washed at the laundromat due to their weight as they would collapse our old and dingy clothesline.

      Delete
  3. I hear you lately I have to really push myself to get a move on to do anything and it shows all over my house. That's why I need to get rid of so much stuff. Today I forced myself to go grocery shopping but I really needed to go to the Super Walmart not the Neighborhood Grocery but yes that's where I went. Now I will have to go somewhere else as the produce was awful what little they had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JO, I'm glad I am not the only one :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.