Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Does anyone use Photobucket or other photo upload site?

I joined Photobucket back in 2011 when you could upload all the images you wanted to their website.  I did this because I used to have dial-up internet and other versions that were equally as slow.  If I wanted to upload images to my blog I had to go to the local library to do so.

Photobucket has changed their policy over the years and as a consequence, I have lost many images from my blog. This was as a result of their third-party hosting that at one point cost $299.99 per month...just a tad too much for my budget!

Have been receiving a lot of e-mails from them to let me know that they currently will only host 2.5GB's and I am over my limit so have to delete images or pay for the additional space. I do NOT want to pay anything!

Their price for an Intermediate user if I choose to be billed annually is $5.83 monthly for 25,000 photos and 250 GB's. Anyone have any suggestions?

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lost a lot of photos when they broke into my Houston house and stole my computer so need a back-up.

      Delete
  2. Get an external drive. I got a 2-TB external storage drive for $60 on Amazon a few years ago. I may never reach full capacity in my lifetime.
    IMHO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good idea Bigfoot. Hope it's easy to use.

      Delete
    2. Comes with a short usb cord, just plug and play. Easy Peezy. And I'm no computer expert.

      Delete
  3. Bigfoot has the answer...
    I have pictures on a couple of external sites but I use them for sharing rather than storage, storage is on a hard drive AND a hand full of SD cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have gotten an external drive a long time ago. Today was the last day to update to one of Photobucket plans at a discount. I just hope I do not lose some of my older images that are not on SD cards.

      Delete
  4. My friend was telling me about this external drive bigfoot and Rob are talking about. I have been saving my photos on humb drives but it is a real hassle because sometimes I can't get them to print out. I do have them also stored on my laptop but alway worry about if something happens and all is lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost many images when I had a hard drive crash, then I had another computer stolen so I jumped at the chance to store all the pictures I wanted on Photobucket and that I could access from any computer.

      In my case I would do my posts from the library and was able to access my pictures in seconds instead of minutes or hours with all the slow Internet service providers I have had in this part of Texas.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.