Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 1, 2019

How low can flippers go?

Swung by the post office to pick up the mail and was LIVID to see the latest flipper tactic...a picture of my house in Houston in their usual postcard format with a sign saying...Belinda, do you own this property?

How dare they!  If I have not responded to any of them EVER in all these years why don't they just %$#@ off!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!  Sometimes it is new ones but mostly it is the same ones and if that was not enough they also call me at home...again I have never returned a single call and yet they persist.

Seems it was only last week I was complaining about gasoline prices going up and today to my surprise HEB had a price of $1.86 and Walmart $1.87 well under the $1.99 I paid for unleaded gasoline on my last fill-up.

Swung by Walmart to purchase some spirits for the big game but for some reason, beer prices are higher here than at HEB or Stripes. Walmart has more buying power than the other two so why the higher prices? Bought a bottle of wine instead.

Needed to go by the library but ran out of time...perhaps tomorrow?

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


NBA Corner

Had a chance to watch the Houston Rockets vs Denver Nuggets game this evening and it was great! Won't say who I was cheering for or I might get some backlash......jajajajajajajaja :D

6 comments:

  1. I use a cell phone and block numbers, they may call again but I never hear them.
    Why the flippers won't leave you alone? I'd guess that the cards & calls are cheap and every now & then they work. Playing the percentages....
    Walmart is about profit, I'll bet the Superbowl Sunday chips (or the like) were a savings & people know that so they come in & seeing as they are already there they get the beer too.
    Get them in the door is the name of the game...

    Do you have plans for Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our home telephone is a landline that my parents have had for almost fifty years (same telephone number). When I switched from DISH to Spectrum I bundled services (cable, internet and telephone). I had no idea they were going to remove my parents name and list mine. That is when the flipper calls began. Prior to that they were limited to trying to reach me via snail mail.

      I agree with your assessment of Walmart..it is all about getting the masses through the door. I went to buy avocados which were at a good price (.50 cents each) and serranos but ended up with jalapeƱos (they were cheaper).

      I used to love Superbowl Sunday, there was always a party somewhere when I lived in Houston not so much in Del Rio. Now I just watch the commercials and halftime performances but at home.

      Delete
  2. Call Spectrum and ask how to block your number, if that doesn't work tell them you will report them to the Attorny Generals office

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got off the phone with them (24 hours service) only to find that my information is "private"...which if it were there is no way Flippers would have gotten a hold of me.

      Was told that through the internet there are a lot of ways they could have gotten their hands on my number.

      I promised mother when she allowed me to bundle services that I would not change her telephone number so I have to honor my agreement and just let those flippers leave a message and on my part simply ignore them.

      Delete
  3. 1) I was excited to pay $1.77 yesterday only to find 2 stations within a mile from my house today at $1.72. I would have saved 50 cents as I needed 10 gallons!
    2) Tom Brady is the GOAT QB and proved it tonite - congrats
    3) OUR SPURS are on a 5-game winning streak headed out to the 8 game rodeo road trip. GSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW...$1.72 is a wonderful price! It seems that San Antonio has always had lower prices than even those in the Greater Houston area where the refineries are located (Pasadena, Tx).

      Our Spurs have made me sweat it out the last minutes of many games but Saturday night was a real nail bitter!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.