Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, January 14, 2022

Waiting the arrival of strong winds / Record Number of Covid Cases

The entire State of Texas is awaiting the arrival of strong winds in the early morning hours of Saturday. We are expecting wind gusts anywhere from 40 to 50 mph. My Houston electric provider sent e-mails today making us aware of possible power outages once the winds enter the state.

Per Telemundo this evening these are the expected wind gusts for tomorrow.


My plantar fasciitis pain has been unrelenting but I don't want to go see the woman podiatrist as she is young, lacks experience, and I do not like her bedside manner, add to that the increase in Covid cases...I think I will just stay home and suffer for a while.

Once again had to get the Covid numbers from El Zócalo (the Ciudad Acuña newspaper) and they were not what I wanted to see. In the past four days, Del Rio has reported 823 new Covid cases bringing the total positive cases to 1,273. That figure does not take into account a little over 200 tests that they are still waiting on results.

https://www.zocalo.com.mx/reportan-823-nuevos-contagios-de-covid/


If you have not had a chance to read the comments on my previous post or Shadowmoss's blog https://shadowmoss.blogspot.com/2022/01/saying-goodby-to-another-long-time.html#comment-form  it is with great sadness that I announce the passing of fellow blogger David Smith also known as Tffnguy from Terlingua, Texas.

The person that notified me did not leave their name but I take this opportunity to thank them as well.

This is going to be a very cold and complicated weekend weather-wise not just in Texas but in all the United States. Please stay home if you can and bundle up.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



14 comments:

  1. I had read about the passing of David Smith but did not know of him.
    Sorry your in pain that always stinks. We have had some winds now for the past few days which makes it colder than it actually is. Covid cases are out of control here also. One of my grandson had a positive for covid then another test said negative. I believe it's these darn fast tests that are always wrong and I think they should put an end to them for all you know they may have covid and think they do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David was a real nice guy whom I met in person a couple of times, as well as followed his blog "Terlingua or Bust". It is always sad when a fellow blogger passes on.

      The saying our grandparents and older relatives often reference..." it's hell to get old"...is so true as I am finding out :-(

      I am so sick of all this Covid crap and the people that refuse to get vaccinated, and even if you are vaccinated, you can have a breakthrough case. Sometimes I think this is never going to end!

      Delete
    2. I remember checking in on Terlingua or Bust, but then, I guess I quit because he posted so rarely. And one of my favorite bloggers I suspect has died this past year, but I can't find any trace. He was about 95. How's that for old.
      Anyway, yes to the wind, but we didn't have any power outages or damage. Hope you escaped from that too.

      Delete
    3. Being able to blog at age 95 is amazing in and of itself. Hopefully, your favorite blogger is still alive.

      We had hellacious winds but amazingly did not lose power. I am dreading this Thursday, though.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are keeping Safe and not contracting the Covid.
    Enjoy not being sick.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too scared to leave the house Rick, and that is not a good way to live.

      Delete
    2. Don't be around any one person longer than 5 minutes without a good mask and you will be OK. From what I've read, https://www.medscape.co.uk/viewarticle/airborne-sars-cov-2-could-lose-90-infectiousness-after-20-2022a100053y?uac=370684PY&faf=1&sso=true&impID=3958888&src=mkm_covid_update_220119_MSCPEDIT, this among others. It is highly infectious, but the bug doesn't last long outside...especially if it's in dry conditions.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the link but Medscape would not allow me to read the article unless I agreed to cookie usage so I declined.

      I do use good masks doubling them up and then using a face shield for added measure.

      Delete
  3. What amazes me is the fact that there are parents who let their "16 yrs & Under" kids decide whether or not to get the vaccine. Two of my sons fall in this category, and I think the oldest of the grandkids is about 15 yrs of age. Like h*ll would I have ever allowed my 4 kids to refuse a vaccine in the midst of a pandemic! And two of them have the nerve to let their kids dictate what they will do when it could be a life or death situation. It's an abdication of parental responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that Gypsy. I hope your grandchildren decide to get vaccinated because they could also be putting the lives of their parents in jeopardy should they bring it home. Hopefully, your sons and their wives have been vaccinated but then again there are so many breakthrough cases.

      Delete
  4. I went to HEB earlier and just about all the customers were not wearing masks especially the teens. I guess there's people out there that think the virus is not going to affect them. This is scary.
    just saw the 10pm news and it's going to get very cold on Thursday. When i was at HEB earlier I wanted to buy some menudo but they were out of stock again, they have been out for at least 2 weeks now. They are also out and have been out of a lot of other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not left the house since the last time I went to HEB on January 6th, and on that occasion, it was 50/50 for people wearing masks.

      I am dreading Thursday as well, I do not like cold weather, and it is going to get cold! Maybe not cold by Canadian standards but cold by Texas standards.

      You know how to make menudo? I tried once...well, actually twice, but both times it was a complete failure...not even the dog wanted to try it :D

      Thanks for the update on your HEB, it is probably that way in many of them. Will soon find out for myself, that is if I get the nerve to leave the house.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I make menudo but i have not made it in a while I was planning on making it after Thanksgiving but it's hard to find the tripe and the pigs feet. I saw in one of your posts a while back where you showed a picture of the groceries you bought at HEB and there was a can on Menudo in the basket. Later in the week when i went to HEB I looked for the menudo you had bought but i did not find that one. I found one "Juanita's Menudo" which was OK once i added the lime, onion, etc. but they have been out of stock for a while. I went to 2 HEB's today and they were out. The last time i found some I took all six cans.

      Delete
    3. I love the cans of menudo HEB carries and after you doctor them up they taste pretty good. I am currently down to eight cans but then again I try to keep a six-month supply of groceries.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.