Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, April 17, 2023

Taxes / RV Show

I called my CPA last week so she could file an extension on my behalf.  It had been a while since I had done that but what can I say...some things never change...I am after all a procrastinator. 😔

I went to the library on Saturday to make copies and found others in the same boat as me. To cheer myself up I went to Dairy Queen, located next door to the Del Rio Civic Center. All week I have seen them setting up RVs, boats, and all-terrain vehicles in the front parking lot.


When I pulled up to DQ I figured the parking lot was packed because visitors had parked there. Found that not to be the case...there were so many people the line was out the door...I had no other choice but to leave without buying my ice cream cone. 😢


Decided I would settle for a shake or a malt at Whataburger...they did not even have ONE empty parking space. I am glad so many people attended the RV Show and patronized the local eating establishments.


Today I went to my CPA's office to take a check just in case I owe money she would have my banking information handy. As much work as she has to do today and tomorrow even if it is just filing extensions...she seemed to be in very good spirits...good for her!

I decided to once again go to Dairy Queen since all I needed was one more spoon...you need five...to get an item for free. I ended up losing the four spoons as I have done many times in the past. I am just not good with Apps...😭...At least my hamburger tasted good today!



Regular Unleaded was going for $3.199 a gallon while Diesel cost $3.299 a gallon at Murphy USA.



Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



2 comments:

  1. Looked like a pretty big RV show! Doesn't sound like you ventured through? I just want a mini van and I would be so happy and be gone all the time. Can't park a truck for the night anywhere since I have to use a ladder to get in and out LOL
    At least you DQ tasted better than the last time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about attending the RV show but it was hot and was being held in the parking lot. The trailers they had were large and I do not have a truck or any experience towing.

      I would not mind a small class A travel trailer but even used they are not in my budget. Mom has an older minivan but the only mechanic I trusted passed away a couple of years ago...it would make a nice camping van but it needs a lot of TLC.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.