Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

I accomplished a lot today...

 Even though I have given up my nightly cable news shows...I thought I was replacing them with a less stressful alternative like "La Casa de los Famosos" third season. It is Telemundo's version of Big Brother VIP filmed in Mexico City for the consumption of the Hispanic audience in the United States.

It is at times maddening, gut wrenching, at others stressful, and highly addictive. Yesterday I felt bad after one of my favorites...Argentinan actor Diego Soldano...was voted out. They have a live feed on YouTube that is on 24/7. I managed to sleep two hours and was wide awake by 3:30 a.m. Gave up at 4:00 a.m. and started washing dishes.

I got an early start and went to have breakfast at the new remodeled Wendy's. The three dollar special did not look like much...so I ordered a breakfast combo with real coffee instead of my usual decaf because I needed the energy to accomplish everything on my To Do List without crashing.


Went to Ollie's, Dollar Tree, and Walmart. Ollie's always has funny signs...



At Walmart I bought more preps that included two cases of corn, one of green beans, and a case of pinto beans along with more single serving envelopes of tuna that were on sale for .80 cents each.



I prefer to purchase my groceries at HEB, as it is closer to the house and usually cheaper than Walmart. However, the corn and green beans were .50 cents each versus .78 cents at HEB.


I filled up at Murphy USA at $3.099 for regular unleaded. Diesel was $3.339 a gallon. It was two cents cheaper than at HEB.



Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




2 comments:

  1. Your did good with your running. Where are you storing all this food?
    Your gas prices are still good.
    The heat here has been horrible already and finally had some handyman come set up my cooler I am not ready to waste my money running the A/C. Wonder what happened to my HVAC guy text him last week and he answered with I call you next week!! It has been in the high 90's !! Handy man said he will call someone he knows who does A/C stuff to see what his prices are like since I still need service on the unit.
    Hope you temps are cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to Home Depot and bought some more heavy-duty clear containers where I am placing the cans at the floor level and then placing less heavy items like my cereal boxes, pasta, and rice also in clear containers on top of them.

      I am glad you were able to find a handyman to set up your cooler. Last week we were also in the 90s but thankfully we got a cool front.

      Maybe your regular handyman went on vacation for Easter. I hope he gets in touch with you soon.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.