Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Jack in the Box / Home Depot / Tuff Shed / Snakes

Tuesday, April 18th I needed to run errands before it got hot. I stopped at Jack in the Box since they sell breakfast all day. The last time I had something to eat was at noon the day before so I was starving. I ordered their largest breakfast but failed to note that it included mini pancakes...I am not big on pancakes but I ate them anyway.



The saying in their coffee cup made me smile...😊,,,


We turn normal people
into morning people.


Home Depot has been having a sale on heavy-duty containers and I have bought several. However, you need to look closely at them since some are warped I suppose from cramming so many when they transport them.




I ended up having to return three of them...I downsized from 17 to 14 gallons containers this time around.




This storage shed was on sale...though the doors did not look very well put together...I did like that the roof was insulated.








This afternoon on the 5:00 p.m. news my ears perked up when they mentioned that they had a warning for people living in Del Rio. I figured it had to do with drugs but NO to my surprise and why not...my FEAR...it had to do with a large number of rattlesnake sightings in the area. 😱

There is nothing that I fear more than snakes!!!  🐍 Now you know why I have so many cats.

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




6 comments:

  1. My blog is set to Pacific Time to give me two extra hours to get my blog published while still maintaining the same date.

    It was 1:27 a.m. when I published my entry last night when I realized that I had used the wrong terminology to describe the reason I returned the containers. The word should have been BUCKLED and not "warped".

    When I tried to change it today Blogger was not letting me and warned me I could lose my post. Instead of the normal view, it had a bunch of numbers and I did not want to take a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem I understood:)
    Breakfast looked good. Jack in the Box has really good food for fast food.
    The price on the shed has really gone up they used to be around $3,000. But then what hasn't gone sky high. Gas here is now $4.69 that is an increase of over a $1.50 in a week! Thinking of breaking down the camper to save on gas, since I really will not be camping anytime soon in the heat or because of the price of gas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite meal has always been breakfast but with the price of eggs, I find it cheaper just to go to a fast food place. We have an excellent buffet-style restaurant called Sirloin Stockade but breakfast is only served during the weekends.

      I need a shed even if I have to install a small A/C but you are right the prices have gone up considerably.

      Wow...you guys are paying a lot for gas! I would love to go camping but it is hot all over Texas and now we have to deal with snakes coming out of hibernation :-(

      Delete
  3. Eggs have come down quite a bit here recently so I have been buying them and I like the liquid eggs also but not egg beaters, and great value is a hit and miss on the shelves.

    Today passed a gas station and it went up another .20!! Did you know that snakes do not completely hibernate? Nasty things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Walmart yesterday but I forgot to check on the egg prices. You have mentioned before about using Egg Beaters. I have wanted to try the HEB store brand but first I will have to watch a video on how much to use.

      I had no idea snakes did not fully hibernate. I can not Google anything about them without a picture of one popping up on the screen...and that just terrifies me...it is a major phobia for me...:-(

      Delete
    2. The directions for using the liquid eggs should be right on the container. I use 1/4 in place of 1 egg or just pour it in the pan as I feel is enough for a omlet. Like I said do not like the Egg Beater brand and they are very expensive!

      I also have a horrible phobia of snakes good, bad or other wise hate them!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.