Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Running errands all over town

I had a lot of errands to run today that I had been putting off due to my plumbing problems. I went to the Post Office to pick up our mail. I am curious to know how many times I have opted out of getting AARP's bi-monthly magazine as well as their monthly Bulletin. However, this month's issue appears interesting.

I have been carrying around my recyclables in the trunk and remembering the Center is open till noon on Saturday headed there. This year a second Dollar Tree opened its doors. Two months ago as I was headed east of Highway 90 was surprised to see that another one along with a Family Dollar next to it (they are owned by the same corporation) was being built. Decided to go check it out since I was already on that side of town but it is still not completed.



I went to Walmart Optical to get my eyeglasses adjusted. The A/C was nice and cool and for once did not mind waiting. However, as my luck goes they were done in no time. I went to check the price of their galvanized trash cans. I need to look back on prior pictures but it appears they went up by five bucks though I could be wrong.




Their River tubes were on sale.


Many vandwellers that I follow on YouTube refill their gallon jugs at Walmart. Their prices have increased from .29 to .36 cents a gallon but it is still a good deal.



I decided to have an early dinner and stopped at Wendy's to try their Summer Strawberry salad. It was delicious as well as their unsweetened iced tea.




In a prior post earlier this month, I posted an Auntie Acid meme where she questions if she is getting older or were stores now playing really good music? Well, that happened to me today as I ate my salad. I was bobbing my head and moving to the music. I was not the only one, the lady at the table behind me was singing along and a gentleman about my age was more discreetly dancing in place.

It is now 6:40 p.m. It is 105 with a feel-like temperature of 110 degrees. I am so looking forward to fall weather though I know it will be a while.

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Auntie Acid




2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still surviving and even enjoying!!! Well into the 3rd month of 100+ everyday, I am too. September seems a long time away.....and it will probably be at least mid Sept before some relief comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I think it can't possibly get any hotter and yet I am once again proved wrong!

      In Del Rio, we do not get any relief until late October when I am usually planning my trip to the Terlingua Chili Cook-off.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.