Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 10, 2023

I am done with Angi

I can not believe my bad luck when hiring people for a simple one-time job such as the services of a plumber. In my last post, I mentioned that I had booked the services of Angi.  Angi formerly known as Angi's List and bought by its competitor HomeAdvisor, renaming the merged company to ANGI Homeservices, retaining Angi's List ticker symbol and stock history.

The reason I went with them, to begin with, is that they supposedly stand behind the work of the service provider in case something does not go as planned. My first appointment was supposed to be on Friday, August 4th at 10:00 a.m. It was canceled as they claimed that all slots were booked.  It is my opinion that they did not have a Del Rio plumber and were bringing one from out of town.

After waiting for four additional days their plumber did not even show up or have the courtesy to call and inform me. This is unacceptable and I will NEVER do business with them.

I called their service center only to be told by their AI service that I needed to download their App or use their Live Chat.  If you try to download their App you will be amazed at how badly they are rated. They have gone downhill since it was Angi's List.

The best their Chat person could tell me was to give them a chance and they would probably arrive later!

I later got an email asking me to rate that person and the name that showed up on my screen did not even match the name of the person. I am so glad I took screenshots of that conversation.

Your booking was rescheduled.
Hi Belinda,Unfortunately, we could not find a professional to complete your Faucets, Fixtures and Pipes - Repair or Replace service at your chosen date and time. We apologize for this inconvenience as we know your time is valuable. We have rescheduled your booking to the time below.

New Booking Details: Faucets, Fixtures and Pipes - Repair or Replace
Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 3:00pm


5 comments:

  1. Agree. Try to hire a handyman for a one time job. Unless it's a total remodel no one wants to take the time. Even worse if you have an RV. If you can't do the repairs yourself you better plan on long wait time and expensive labor cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only hired a handyman once and it was not a good experience. When it comes to things like plumbing, electricity, or HVAC, I will pay extra for a professional and even then sometimes things do not go well.

      Thank you for commenting, Bill.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't JudithK. I did find a plumber that was once voted Best Plumbing Company in Del Rio back when we had a real newspaper, he came today.

    The problem is with the meter that the City of Del Rio Water Dept. has not fixed but is fixing to. If I can muster the energy and keep my blood pressure from spiking...I may write a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh. The City is the problem. Oh. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what the plumber believes and so does his boss. Since I know Jack about plumbing I will take their word for it. We will see what happens Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.