Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Plumbing Problems / Angi

It has been hot as hell this summer with no relief in sight. I run errands early in the morning and try to get home as soon as possible before the oppressive heat of the day. At least that was the case until yesterday. All of a sudden a leak developed in the kitchen sink and even though I have a water meter key to shut it off at the meter as well as the faucet keys under the sink it continued to leak.

I had to go to pick up our mail at the post office so I timed how long it would take to fill a container and the back-up bucket. I made it back in 30 minutes just in time. This had happened to me before but after two days finally quit leaking. This is what happens when you procrastinate and do not address the problem when you should.

I have been to the City of Del Rio Water Dept. twice asking them to come fix the meter. While they have come out my issue has not been resolved and I am not the only one. People are complaining about their high water bills. I suppose I should be glad our bill has only reached $100.00 and not $700.00 like other people.

The city is tearing up streets and upgrading the water lines which is good but at the same time, there is a shortage of personnel to address other issues.

I have used Angi once before when the neighbor's tree fell on my driveway and I could not go to Houston to take care of the problem. It was expensive but well worth it. I was Googling Plumbers in Del Rio as I did not want to use the one we have used in the past. Though it is rated one of the three best, it has gone downhill since the widow of the owner put her young incompetent nephew in charge.

With my poor record of hiring people in particular in the lawn care sector, I did not want to mess up on this and decided to use Angi. Unfortunately, they did not have any available slots for today or the early morning hours tomorrow. It came to $400.50 you pay Angi and they pay the provider. I had questions so I called the main line but all I got was a message telling me to download their App. I hate Apps...I wanted to talk to a live person!

I hope I do not have to spend another sleepless night monitoring the water bucket level as I have been so tired lately.

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



2 comments:

  1. Hopefully you can get the water issue taken care of before it becomes a bigger problem.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.