Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, October 29, 2011

I’m beat

Remember the packing pictures from my last post?  Well forget about them… I spent all day Saturday unloading the car and trying out new arrangements so I could fit all the stuff I am taking and I am still short of space :-(

The choice was take the stuff I need to spend 7 days in the desert and only two cases of beer or re-arrange to fit all my beer and then pair down on the clothes and miscellaneous.  Guess which choice I went with? :D

My aunt arrived today (Saturday) to stay with my mom while I am away so I think I am going to be hitting the road later on this morning (Sunday) after I get some much needed rest.  My back is killing me.  The good thing is that Terlingua is only a five-hour drive from Del Rio, six if I stop to eat in Alpine, which I definitively plan to do.

If you have never been to the cook-off and you would like to get away for a couple of days why don’t you join me and a couple thousands other folks and spend some of the best times you will ever have.  I promise you will be hooked.  Here is a link to the CASI cook-off  http://www.chili.org/

Hope to see a couple of locals out there.  The official page says you have to have a wristband by Tuesday but they don’t start enforcing that until Thursday so come by and visit and I will treat you to a cold beverage.  Ask around for Belinda from Houston almost everybody knows me or just ask for the girl that screamed SNAKE last year, lol.

If all else fails just look around for my tent as far as I know I am the only one that has one…but then again I could be wrong, it has been know to happen.  We will see you in a week or so.

May you all have Terlingua Dreams…I know I will tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beer offer. I will not be able to take you up on it this year, although most defiantly next. I hope the weather is warm, and everyone is safe, and that a couple of nights sleeping on the good earth cures your back. I'm looking forward to some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im depending on you for pictures since I like many of the locals here am staying home and not going to the cookoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou my offer is good for next year as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick best picture days are Friday and Saturday but I twisted my ankle so did not get to go to the main stage area this year.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.