Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beautiful Afternoon at Lake Amistad

You might recall last week we went to test drive mom's mini van to Lake Amistad. Today we did the same to dad's old car.  It was a beautiful sunny afternoon.


At first I thought my eyes were deceiving me and when I asked mom she said she was about to ask me the same thing. The water was a spectacular blue, it looked like someone had dyed it like they do some rivers on Saint Patrick's Day.  The sky was equally blue and it made for a good photo op...if you had a good quality camera...which of course I do not :-(


Drove to my favorite campground, Governors Landing and four RV's were camped there.



Then we went to Diablo East Marina and found it was buzzing with activity...





Have I mentioned that I do not buy our local newspaper?  No need to, I found the answer for all the activity at the Exxon gas station by the Lake.  If you are ever in this area I highly recommend them, they have clean restrooms and a friendly staff.  This is also the only gas station in town with FREE air and water.



It made me very happy to find out that they still hold fishing tournaments at the Lake and that they have a large turnout.  So come visit us at Lake Amistad, even with low lake levels there are plenty of fish to be had :-)

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. That is definitely the best fueling point in the area. Their fuel prices are always as cheap or cheaper than any place else including Wal_Mart. I use them a lot, but I never noticed the free air. That is very good for my to know. Thank you.
    Govenors Landing is definitely the prettiest campground but the winds there are severe too often for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Barney, their fuel prices are very competitive with those in town and the free air is an added bonus.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful blue!
    By the way, gas here this morning is $3.76!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! $3.76 is rather steep...it probably went up here as well :(

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't wanna be on any lake in a boat now, what with the low water. I've seen ours way down and know what's under there.
    Gas here was 3.50 yesterday, no telling, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were tons of boats out there and some were big boats, so I guess they have a depth finder device?

      Do not know a thing about boats and believe it or not I have never been on one at Lake Amistad. I just admire them from a far.

      Delete
    2. Lots of water well over fifty feet deep around the lake still.

      Delete
    3. Ride a mule, save money on gas!

      Delete
  4. Barney - thank you for that information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RedEyeMule - I may have to go to Terlingua and round me up some mules :D

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.