Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, February 25, 2013

A Rather Windy Day

I can not say we were not forewarned and for once the weather people nailed it.  I am so glad I put away everything that could blow away or cause damage as well as watered the trees and weeds to try to keep dust to a minimum.

You know I suffer from CRS...to new readers that means exactly what you think it means...Can't Remember Doodoo.  However, I can not recall when I have seen it so windy here in Del Rio, not gusts to 48 mph.  Not saying that it has not happened before, just do not remember it happening while I was here.

The strong winds started around 2:14 a.m. and were relentless throughout the day.  There was no way I was going to venture going outside.  This was a stay inside kind of day.  Looked at my little Kodiak canvas tent swaying but staying put like it was designed to do.  She has seen worst winds, Chili Cook-off 2011 comes to mind.

The electricity went off several times during the day, the longest being for 44 minutes.  Looking out the window I saw one of mother's dead trees succumb to the wind and a large branch fell from one of her many mesquite trees.  Tomorrow I will assess the damage.

Wanted to welcome Great Scott to the blog.  Thank you for your readership.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I hope there isn't too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blew hard over here in East Texas all day yesterday and through most of the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering how the Houston area fared. I was on the phone to my neighbor before the electricity went out and I lost her. She said everything was calm but then again she was under the effect of several medications :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.