Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Reward

Yesterday's trip to Ciudad Acuna was exclusively to get my dental work done.  So much so that I did not even take my mother with me which does not happen often.  I figured I would be in pain and in not so good of a mood and would come right back.

I was not photographing this store but the exchange
rates on this block
To my disbelief the opposite was true, I was in a good mood and had no pain (was still numb). I therefore decided to go purchase my medication for this month instead of waiting till next week.


I am always looking at the dollar exchange rates and if they are favorable I will buy or sell pesos depending on the occasion.  Today was an odd day, it seemed the exchange houses had different rates.


It was not a good day to sell dollars but it was a good day to buy them.  Since the Dentist charges in US dollars it was not an issue.  However this is also a Cyber Journal so I wanted to document today's rates.

A little known secret if you happen to purchase your medications in Mexico.  As you go further away from the main tourist district the price of medications drops even at the same pharmacy branches.  I prefer to buy mine at the pharmacies located inside of grocery stores like Gutierrez and Bodegas Aurrera.


As I made my way to the pharmacy...I happen to pass by their bakery and this cake called out to me...


Decided that I deserved a reward and what better reward than a chocolate cake with strawberries and slivers of white chocolate on top?  It was 115.00 Mexican pesos.

                                      115.00 divided by today's best rate of 12.45 = USD $9.24

The lines to cross back were not very long and I got a nice young officer to greet me back to the United States of America.  Home Sweet Home!



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that dentist trip went better than expected,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the thing to do after a visit to the dentist, buy sweets. That guarantees a return trip. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the last cavity I had was about 25 years ago and it is the one that fell off and I went to have fixed.

      With all the dental drama I went through as a child and then as a young adult I follow a strict oral hygiene regiment. I brush my teeth at least six times a day and floss regularly.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.