Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Practically No Damage

Was  up early surveying the aftermath of yesterday's strong winds. Actually it did us a favor by knocking down a small dead tree.


We also had a couple of branches that broke from some of the mesquite trees.




So as you can see we were very fortunate.  The neighbor down the road lost a good part of the shingles on his roof and he was at it early making the needed repairs.

Could no longer put off my trip to the laundromat.  While waiting for the clothes I decided to walk to the nearby store and purchase our local newspaper so I could see what damages the wind caused in Del Rio and surrounding areas.  Told the clerk how surprised I was that they still had the Sunday paper and she said that was because there is no Monday edition.  For some reason probably my CRS I forgot it was Tuesday and did not ask nor did I see today's paper on the stand, lol :D


I did however buy El Zocalo which is a very good Mexican newspaper printed in Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila, Mexico and whose coverage of Del Rio news and events is excellent.  All in all it appears there was some damage but nothing severe on either side of the border.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. That wind did a lot of damage in this area too. Got rid of the rest of the dead tree of my neighbors.
    MsB,,i'm so sorry, but I don't do comments on blogs that I have to go thru that ID thing a lot of times, just to get posted. BUT, I will be reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble - thank you for notifying me of the two word verification, I have remove it. I was not aware it was standard now.

      As hard as it is for people to leave comments which I sincerely appreciate, that verification thing is just too much.

      Delete
  2. I have not walked around my place yet so don't know of any damage. Hurricane Ike took a lot of huge oaks down but this was not near that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy don't even remind me of hurricane Ike :-( That storm did a number on my house in Houston.

      Hope you don't have any damage and be careful walking around your property. I hear those rattlers are out and about in East Texas. My friend in Splendora had a close call with one last week.

      Delete
    2. One of my son's cats was bitten on the foot,,,trying to get him well now. He thinks it was under a moblile home by his house. (Rattlesnake,,)

      Delete
    3. OMG poor little kitty! Hope he gets well.

      Delete
    4. Trouble are you aloud to shoot(rattlesnake) them in Tx or Az? I know I sure would..

      Delete
  3. Capt. Joey you are allowed to shoot rattlesnakes in Texas if not I would NEVER consider moving to Terlingua!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.