Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Horse Fight!

I do not know what is wrong with me...for a couple of days here...I have been going to bed early!  Those of you that have been reading me for a while know that I am a night owl but lately I can't even make it past the ten o'clock news.  This is by no means a complaint...having suffered from  insomnia for what seems like a lifetime, I welcome this early slumber.  On the downside...I am too sleepy to make my nightly post!

I had just gotten back from town today when I found a message from the mechanic that Dad's old car was ready to be picked up. Called and told him about Mom's mini-van smelling to gasoline.  He asked me to bring it down and he would check it out.  I was walking to the garage when I spotted Walter's owner's kid in the corral. It was about darn time, as earlier this morning I had to feed and water him.  Guess with the high winds yesterday he forgot all about him!


Dad's car got a new fuel pump and hopefully I wont have anymore problems with it not wanting to start up.  My cash outlay was $125.00  I do not know if that is good, bad, or average but at least it is once again in running condition.

On my way home, as I passed Walter's house, I could not believe what I saw...there were three more horses by the side of his corral!  WTH...the owner can not even feed and water Walter and he brought three more horses?  I was stunned to say the least :-(

I parked the car and walked over to Walter's corral.  By this time Walter was going nuts, he was running around like a mad horse and standing on his hind legs obviously very angry.  He was about to butt heads with the male horse who was eating his hay.  Poor Walter, as little as they feed him and then for some strange horses to take his food....he was having no part of it...at least not without a good fight!


I was afraid he was going to get hurt, I was yelling at them both to stop but neither one paid a lick of attention to me.  The other two horses, I believe were females decided to leave but the male horse was determined to keep on eating.

I shouted for the darn kid to come out but he did not, so I ran over to his house but no one answered the door and that is when I noticed that his mother's car was not in the driveway.  I then went to the corral and yelled at the other horse and he took off to the back of the church which being Ash Wednesday was packed to capacity.  You might recall this is the same area that Walter escaped to a couple of months back.

I tried to calm Walter down but he totally ignored me and kept on running around in circles.  After what seemed forever he finally calmed down.  I believe those three horses are the same ones that escaped from their owner last year and ended up in Mom's yard.  I did feel a bit of relief that these horses belonged to someone else and were not new additions to Walter's world.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



4 comments:

  1. lol I had the same thot,,,more horses, with Walter needing care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are your brother's horses keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy, I am glad that that phrase is still in singular :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.