Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Long Postponed Trip to Dentist

After reading this post title you are probably saying...yes Belinda...we know you are a procrastinator.  I will admit to that, but in this case it goes a lot deeper.  When I was 8 years old my two front teeth would not come out and I had to have oral surgery.  I had previously been traumatized by other dentists and would usually put up a good fight, my mother said no more...dad said "how bad can it be?"  He soon found out!


While it was a horrible experience... I can now admit to getting a sick pleasure at seeing my dad suffer and kind of playing it up a bit (shame on me) jajajajaja!  I also have (and this is not make believe) a terrible fear of needles.
Private parking exclusive to the Dental Center.
No more parking meters to feed or parking tickets to pay.
I believe I may have been banned from Castle Dental Centers in Houston after I screamed my head off when they were pulling two of my wisdom teeth.  They had the nerve to ask me to please be quiet because I was scaring the children, lol... I.NEVER returned to that horrible place again!  If they had sedated me properly, I would not have felt the pain!

I have been grinding my teeth for years and my night guard has taken a beating and was in need of replacement.  I had a filling that fell out years ago but that had not bothered me until recently.  So needles or not, I had to put on my big girl panties and have the matter resolved.

I think I did pretty good...I did not scream when he twice injected me.  He took it like a trooper when he placed the mold mixture in my mouth and I gagged and almost threw up on him.  He did not seem to be annoyed when I did not follow his instructions to breath through my nose instead of my mouth.  All in all I believe I did not give any cause to be banned from this dental practice :D

I think if this wonderful Dentist could put up with me...well, he can put up with anybody :)

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

9 comments:

  1. I have been putting off a return trip to the dentist and you are not helping me want to go... Maybe if I put it off long enough they will fall out on their own or I will die first. The last time I was there, he almost broke my jaw trying to get a tooth out. Actually, he did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means go Dizzy, my bad experiences were in my childhood and young adulthood.

      I had a wonderful Bellaire dentist when I lived in Houston but I got my wisdom teeth pulled at that horrible clinic because I lived close by and my dentist would not do it unless someone drove me home.

      Not wanting to bother my friends who lived on the opposite side of town I made a wrong decision.

      Delete
  2. You wouldn't happen to be a red head would? I saw on TV the other night that Redheads experience pain differently than the rest of us and that for years, there existed a well-established anecdotal impression within the medical community that redheads require more anesthetic than the typical patient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jim, I am not a redhead :D

      That is an interesting anecdotal, I had never heard of it before.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I lost a huge filling about 2 weeks ago, but like you, not going to do anything til I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear MsB, I have a horror story I could tell but it is your blog. Know that I have nothing but sympathy for you or anyone who must have extensive dental work done. Consider this comment as my arms reaching out to you for a well deserved hug. You poor soul, I genuinely feel your pain. the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to share your dental horror story anytime you want Mr. Rat.

      Thanks for the cyber hug and glad you dropped by :)

      Delete
  5. The experience you had with your former dentist is bad. I couldn't blame you that you don't wanna visit that clinic ever again. Because of that, you let your teeth problems wait for a while, which could make the matters worse. But I am glad that things went just fine with your new dentist. Am I right to say that you wouldn't be skipping dental checkups now? I surely hope so.
    Thanh Arnett

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.