Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Storming Area 51

With everything that has been going on in our country this past week, I needed a little time out for rest, relaxation, and a pause from cable news. What is more relaxing than live streaming from Area 51?


Had I been 20 years younger and known that the temperature in the Nevada desert this weekend were going to be cool enough that people would be wearing sweaters and jackets...I might have "considered" attending :D



While the two million people that were initially expected never showed up, it still looked like a lot of fun.  Kind of a free Burning Man event or a pre-Terlingua Chili Cook-off. Thank goodness for YouTube.

I was watching some dudes from Los Angeles, California live streaming while at the same time asking for and getting a lot of new subscribers to their channel.  People were tipping them from as far away as Russia, actually from all over the world.


Loved how people dressed like aliens for the event and some guy who showed up with the Korean flag...jajajajajaja...they really had a good sense of humor.  They began late so I only got to watch for about an hour but I am catching up now.



Here is an article from The New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/21/us/area-51-alienstock.html

Laughed so hard when I learned that Bud Light was offering "Free Beer" to any aliens that escaped Area 51...hope they lower their standards and gave some free beer to the 3,000 people that actually showed up.

Hope you all have a great weekend!


11 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting and fun but because of our limited internet we don;t do any streaming. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spectrum has been the best internet service I have had in Del Rio. That is not saying I am all that happy with their service, in particular, the price but at least it is fast and there are no caps.

      My last internet provider was worthless DISH and even without streaming I often ran out of bandwidth within days of the starting cycle. Del Rio is not known for having good Internet service and when we find some it is usually expensive.

      I pay $208.80 monthly for a bundle package consisting of internet, cable and home phone...that turns out to be $6.96 or $7.00 per day...so I am going to take every opportunity to get my money's worth.

      Delete
    2. Because we are mobile Canada and the US we have to pay more for the privilege but the limitation is worth it to us.

      Delete
    3. If you do not stream it is not worth having to pay extra for something you do not use.

      Delete
    4. Too much more money for the extra bandwidth. we already pay$250, a month for our phones and internet satellite dish for tv another$70.00

      Delete
  2. The whole area 51 thing cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did me as well. Nothing like laughter to massage the heart and make me forget about real life...well, at least for a while.

      Delete
  3. I like the one I don't need to go to area 51, I've been to Walmart

    ReplyDelete
  4. The govt. has been stalling on it for so long that I've completely lost interest. I wouldn't walk across the street to see an alien from outer space! I never could understand why a government that is supposed to be by and for the people wants to keep such secrecy from the public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you Gypsy. You and I think a lot alike.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.