Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Worst Labor Day weekend in my life

What a terrible week this has been probably the worst Labor Day weekend in my life.  A mass shooting in less than a month from the one in El Paso in my beloved state of Texas and to add insult to injury on September 1st, new laws went into effect making it even easier for people to own and or possess guns.  Something is just so very wrong in this world.

My heart goes out to all the people in the Bahamas that have lost everything due to the passage of hurricane  Dorian. That hurricane has been the longest-lasting hurricane that I can remember and it is not even over yet!

It continues to be hot and humid.  Weather forecasters said it would be cloudy today due to the rains that tropical storm Fernand is bringing to south Texas.  There wasn't a single cloud in the sky until this afternoon. While the storm is a long ways from us I am hopeful we might at least get a stray shower.

There is a sliver of good news but I do not want to get my hopes up only to have them dashed.  It appears the wife of the worthless neighbor has gone back home and hopefully he will soon follow.

We had a high of 96 a low of 75 with a heat index of 100 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Betty Boop Saying of the Day






6 comments:

  1. It sure wasn't a pleasant one was it. Still worring about friend in N. Carolina. They are as ready as they can be. More jerks getting guns off the internet. At least Walmart will no longer sell amo and neither will Krogers which has many store under different names but they will all stop selling amo. This is such a sad world anymore.
    Hope your drunk neighbor gets lost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your friend in North Carolina as well as all the people in the path of Dorian fair well. Now the darn hurricane has gone from category 2 up to category 3.

      I also failed to mention those poor people that died in a yacht fire off the coast of California as they slept. How devastating!

      I applaud Walmart and Kroger for not selling ammunition though I think they could do more...at least it is a start.

      It is not the first time she leaves him, I just hope she is serious this time.

      Delete
  2. I don't know why they just don't make automatic weapons illegal and stop the sale of them and their ammunition. I don't know much about guns, and don't mind people having them if they enjoy target practice, or hunting, or whatever But no one needs the high powered automatic guns that release a barrage of bullets in seconds. I don't think the framers of the Constitution would have approved either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I don't know why they just don't make automatic weapons illegal and stop the sale of them and their ammunition."

      The reason is that the NRA has too much power and influence over politician in particular Republicans whom they buy with their large campaign contributions.

      In my opinion no one needs high power weapons that were meant to be used only for warfare and I definitively think the framers of the Constitution would not approve.

      Delete
  3. Very difficult here in Canada to purchase and own hand guns. The laws there are confusing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an American and a Texan these laws are confusing to me as well.

      I know little if nothing about Canadian laws but glad to hear that the purchase and ownership of firearms is well regulated in your country. Hopefully one day in my lifetime it will be that way here as well because these mass shooting have got to stop.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.