Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, September 30, 2011

Busy Week

Like I mentioned on my last post my favorite uncle (mom’s baby brother) came for a visit.  I had warned him that I had a terrible cold but he said he was not worried because he always gets his annual flu shot.  Well you guessed it…he caught my cold and was on his deathbed.

I felt bad and offered to share my medicine with him so as you might expect neither one of us got well since I did not finish the complete antibiotics treatment and he only took a couple and did him no good.

Been divorced so long had forgotten what it was like to have a sick man in the house.  Let me tell you it was not a pretty picture.  Why are men so silly?  They act like they are the only ones in the world that have ever been ill.  Since he was sure he was going to die, he decided it was best for him to die at his house, lol (me rolling me eyes) so he left yesterday.

After he left I decided to go back to Mexico to see the doctor. This time he gave me more potent pills and some herbal pills for my cough.  The pills are called Cetoxil and come with 10 tablets.  I have to take one every 12 hours for 7 days so I had to buy 2 bottles. 

I really did not want to buy the herbal pills for my cough but my mother insisted saying they are better than the Nyquil I am taking…well at least the Nyquil knocks me out and allows me to sleep J

Pharmacy was having some kind of special so instead of $295.00 pesos I paid $245.00 pesos for the medication.  Doctor was $35.00 pesos for a grand total of $280.00 pesos.  The exchange rate was $12.95 yesterday so it came to $21.62 USD.

I certainly hope this takes care of it because I sure am tired of being sick.  If the Chili Cook-Off was next week I don’t think I would be able to attend.  Lucky for me I still have 31 days  though October is promising to be a very busy month as my mother has several doctors’ appointments scheduled and I have a lot of things to do to get ready for my upcoming trip to Terlingua.

8 comments:

  1. Nyquil and Dayquil are my choices when I do get the crud. Hey, All us Men like to whine and complain, that's why we keep you women around, cause our mothers won't take care of us anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are silly because they think their invincible, so when we get sick we think we're die'n. That and it's a good way of gettin' outta do'n anything. Take care of yourself MsB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have a headache, my hubby has a worse one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some honey with lemon and a shot of whiskey does the body good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, Ben so that is why you men keep us around? :-D

    I tried DayQuil a couple of years back but I did not like it...but I swear by Nyquil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hobojoe - I think you hit the nail in the head!! That is the best explanation I have ever received specially coming from a man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jpark22 - isn't that the truth, even in sickness men never like to be outdone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. RedEyeMule - a friend of mine gave me whisky and lemon a long time ago and it really helped me sleep that night but it is only a temporary fix.

    Problem is if I wanted to try it now I have no Whisky or liquor of any kind. I am more of a beer person.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.