Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beautiful Breezy Day

Having gone to bed so early last night it was to be expected that I woke up equally early.  Decided to once again treat myself to breakfast at the Sirloin Stockade.




Went to return an item at Home Depot and to check out the prices on the storage sheds that have gone down considerably since last April…wonder if the competition from Derksen Portable Buildings had anything to do with it?



Swung by HEB and it was wonderful to see almost no one there.  Went by the P.O. Box, stopped to buy the local newspaper and then came home.

Same shed a couple of months back
Speaking of the local newspaper…I stopped buying it a long time ago and now I remember why.  I recently decided to give it another chance.  I will be the first to admit that I am not the world’s best speller nor do I use what would be considered proper grammar.  However, I do not write for a living and this is just a cyber journal.  I hold a newspaper to higher standards and I cannot believe how many misspelled words I find in all the issues I read.  Del Rio News Herald have you all heard of spell check?  Do you not have proofreaders?

It has been a beautiful breezy day.  The sage has started blooming once more in the area but the wind is blowing away its petals.  I bet it is beautiful out towards the lake but I was not able to make out there today.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about spelling. And all these young people are the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble this is not new, they have been doing this for years!

      With the new technology you would think this would have ceased. No wonder San Antonio Express and News and El Zocalo (newspaper from across the border) sell more issues!

      Delete
  2. Breezy??? You mean like "windy"? You know I cain't go fish'n in the "bubba boat" if'n the wind is blow'n.
    Depending on how bored I get in the next week or so, I'll see ya in Del Rio somewheres around the middle of the month. Ya might wanna run out and dig up the weeds in my campsite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how it is in Texas...breezy one minute then calm the next.

      Dig the weeds in YOUR campsite? jajajajaja...I was hoping with all your experience weed wacking you might want to come to mother's house and help me dig up HER weeds :D

      Delete
  3. I bought a shed like that. The bundle is still laying where they delivered it. Want to come put it up for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy I remember reading your post when you bought it...that was MONTHS ago!

      If I was capable of putting one together I would have bought me one a long time ago.

      The shed I have in Houston was put up in one day by Tuff Shed and has held up for 21 years.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.