Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Truncated Plans

Woke up on my own before the yapping Chihuahuas had a chance to do it for me.  In Del Rio we only have trash pick-up one day a week and as much as they charge (more than the water) I try to make sure it is full, even if it involves having to rake mesquite pods.

The phone rang around 8:30 a.m. it was one of mother’s friends who asked if they could come by at noon.  As most people she likes for her house to look decent when she has company over.  On my last trip to Houston I brought down even more boxes to her house...well those boxes had to be relocated.  So no early trip to the Cricket store front.  Decided I would go after they left.

I have yet to decide what is worst…people that show up at your doorstep unannounced or those who call but show up hours after the accorded time.  Mother was about to take her nap when they finally showed up.  These people have cell phones, would it have killed them to take 30 seconds to call and tell her they were running late?  Like three and half-hours late!

Maybe if they had offered an apology it would not have ticked me off so bad…but nothing…no excuse offered not even a mention of it.  At least the new mechanic called to tell me he was sick and would not be able to make it.  Guess my plans are on hold for tomorrow as well!

Hope your day was much better than mine.  I have been on pins and needles about Walter.  Called Deputy Mendez but he never called back.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

3 comments:

  1. What about Walter??? Read back and see nothing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, like Trouble says, what about Walter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble and Dizzy I will elaborate further in tonight's post.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.