Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Welcomed News

Woke up early courtesy of the yapping Chihuahuas.  The weather was a spectacular 71 degrees and I went about the task of watering mother’s trees that I did not have a chance to get to last night.


There is a Laundromat close to her house that I had stopped at once but only to check out prices. It had been a while since I had actually needed the service of one so was a little taken back at the cost, as I had no point of reference (at the time her washing machine was not broken).

Today out of curiosity (ok due to my CRS, could not remember the prices) stopped to see how much it cost to use the dryers.  When I saw the price to wash and dry I was so surprised that it was lower than the one in town and these are brand new machines, so I guess I found me a new Laundromat.


Had to drive into town to go to the P.O. Box, pay the water bill, visit with the new mechanic about fixing dad’s old car and then swung by HEB to pick up a few items.

Needed to run one more errand but it was getting late and decided to head back and leave it for tomorrow.  Visiting the local Cricket store requires an early morning visit, as they have a very small waiting area and limited parking to boot.

This evening I got a call from a good friend that I had not heard from in a while. She gave me some welcomed news but I am still incredulous.  Turns out she and a friend will be joining me this year at the chili cook-off!!!

I guess I must of done a good job of selling the event back in 2009 when we camped out at the Renaissance Festival because her friend has been wanting to attend ever since.  Some other friends of hers that also heard me talk about Terlingua are thinking about renting an RV and coming down as well. The more the merrier!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. My son used to travel with the Renaissance Festival where he worked as an elephant handler. He has some neat stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he does...I would love to hear them!

    Did he ever work at the one in Plantersville?

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.