Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 4, 2016

New Ophthalmologist / SAS Shoes

We made another trip to San Antonio, Texas this morning.  We  had a 9:00 a.m. appointment and was warned by the receptionist that if we were fifteen minutes late our appointment would have to be re-scheduled for another day.  With that in mind got up at 3:30 a.m. in order to leave by 4:45 a.m.

The good thing about getting an early start is that I get to see the sunrise.  Watching the sunrise brings back memories of my days in Houston when after a night on the town someone would get the bright idea of driving to Galveston to witness this marvelous spectacle.  Same thing goes for Terlingua but no driving involved there.

The cataract doctor only sees new patients and performs surgery, afterward he refers patients to another ophthalmologist in his practice.  I actually liked this new lady doctor but most importantly mother liked her.


Afterward with hardly no traffic we were able to find the SAS (San Antonio Shoes) store mother has wanted to stop at.  I must say that they have great customer service.  The lady clerk opened the door for us (mom uses a walker) she was very considerate, thoughtful and gave us excellent service. I did not see her name tag but the sales ticket says her name is Melissa.  She even carried our package to the car with the old shoes, as mother decided to wear her new pair home. We will certainly be making a return trip to this location.

Just down the road found $1.87 gasoline at the Shell station.


With two hours of sleep, I think I will retire early this evening.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. What a great day you had here in SA...glad to read of it. Hey, isn't that a MESQUITE tree in your top photo that you camped by? (Or maybe it's an ocotillo.) I'm telling you, a mesquite is a great tree in the desert, beans or no beans (pods)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mesquite tree, it is an ocotillo. Actually I can not remember seeing one single mesquite tree at the CASI Ranch campground. They probably got bulldozed years ago to make room for the campsites.

      I did see a rather OK looking mesquite tree yesterday in Uvalde. Will write a post about it this weekend.

      Just came in from watering the pomegranate trees and saw that the mesquites have dropped their pods...I will have to rake them...dang I hate those trees :-(

      Delete
  2. It sounds like everything went well, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to shop at the SAS store here in Sacramento, but I can no longer do the drive to where it is. I need to mention it to my daughter and maybe she will take me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back from Alaska!

      I am sure your daughter would be more than happy to take you.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.