Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

110 degree Day

I was hoping to go to the County Courthouse first thing in the morning to beat the heat but things do not always turn out as you plan them. Needed to cast my vote for a special election as well as purchase my car license tags.

The original HEB which has been across the street from the Courthouse since we moved to Del Rio saved me a trip to the Big HEB (as locals refer to it).  Yesterday we reached 109 degrees and today 110 degrees both of which were record breakers.  I took a pre-chilled cooler along with ice so I could buy ice cream and even that was not enough to keep it from going soft.

I hope nothing else comes up tomorrow so I can spend some time chilling indoors.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.                                                 

10 comments:

  1. It was that hot over here in the Houston area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty darn warm, I hope today works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always count on my optimistic blogger :)

      Delete
  3. Hit 109 here a couple days ago. Cooled off to 98 yesterday. Stay cool, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that, wonder how hot it was in Terlingua?

      Delete
  4. I'm already dreaming of a white christmas and it's only 104 so far today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are three digit temperatures normal for your area?

      Delete
  5. Yesterday we topped out at 113 today it was cooler at 111. I think we may have a cooling down for the next few days. Stay cool and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your part of the world is always so hot! Stay cool as well.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.