Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Record heat

Yesterday we set a new record high for the day, we got to 106 degrees. I ordinarily go to a Mom and Pop shop to get my annual car state inspection done but they do not have air conditioning, I also wanted to have them check why my low tire pressure light keeps on coming on even though the tires are inflated at a proper level so off I went to the dealership.

The Toyota dealership is undergoing a much-needed remodeling.  Was told that my tire sensor might be going out and will have to be replaced.  I think I will simply place a black tape over it and if I get a flat place a call to AAA (American Automobile Association) to resolve that problem.

For those wondering...the deed is done...Blanca is fixed!  I read so many articles and watched countless YouTube Videos and along with your suggestions in the comments section made the process a lot easier.

I am disappointed with Blogger as they no longer notify me when I have received a comment on my blog. I now have to do a manual search for them. Please forgive me if I have not replied to yours as I always try to respond promptly to each and every comment.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I am glad the situation with Kawhi has finally been resolved.  One year in limbo was more than enough.  As a fan, I look forward to a new and better season.  Welcome DeMar, welcome Jakob!


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope to soon write a post on the Critter Blog detailing that. You can reach Walter's World by clicking on my header picture or clicking on this link http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. It is even hot over here in East Texas, but we have the very high humidity to go with it. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice up here in Maine today.

      Delete
    2. Dizzy one thing I do not miss about living in Houston is its humidity.

      Delete
  3. Rob, glad to see you are enjoying your travels. I keep on losing track of all the places you have been to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! Congratulations on the cat getting taken care of. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to a real fun season with new faces and new talent to watch Pop develop into a formidable foe on any given night. No big expectations to "win it all" leaves the anxiety out of it. I watched as much summer league as I could and really enjoyed watching the youngsters play their hearts out. Hope the best can make the team this year and actually see floor time on a regular basis. IPIT, GSG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "No big expectations to "win it all" leaves the anxiety out of it."

      I couldn't agree more.

      Delete
  6. Glad you were able to get the cat fixed before she brought you more babies. We had a break from the heat but by Monday we will be in that range again not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you got a short reprieve from the heat. It has been absolutely awful in most parts of Texas this week.

      Delete
  7. We'll finally break 100 today (though probably not at my house, I'm always a few degrees cooler because I'm basically surrounded by water). But apparently Monday it'll get to 102 around here so maybe then. And Austin (just about 160m due east) is looking at 109 Mon! Yikes, I just peeked at Del Rio: 110 on Monday? The only saving grace is you have less humidity so you'll be less miserable than we'll probably be.

    I keep waiting for the Vatican to name the guy who invented air conditioning a saint. (Willis Carrier, I think?)

    In the meantime, I thank God I was born *after* it became ubiquitous. Can you imagine life without it? I'm going to turn down the thermostat, close up my bedroom & hide out til this is all over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leilani, sorry for the late reply. I know you jest but I do not think Willis Carrier was a Catholic and unfortunately he can not qualify for one of the seven categories of a Nobel Prize since he can not be nominated posthumously but his invention was huge to mankind and I for one will be forever indebted to him.

    Yesterday at 109 degrees and today at 110 we broke record highs for the day. I wish I did not have to go out in this heat but I have no other choice. Enjoy your time indoors.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.