Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Feeling sluggish

This Texas heat is taking a toll on me, I say this every summer but this particular year I am truly feeling it. To make matters worst we are in extreme drought conditions. While many parts of Texas have seen their fair share of rain Val Verde County that hugs the Mexican border has not. http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?TX


Last week I went to Lions Park along the banks of San Felipe Springs (where we get our drinking water) and it is evident the water flow is not as fast moving as in prior years. Still, it is a free popular hangout for the locals as not everyone can go to Lake Amistad for recreation.


Have lost track of all the three digit days we have had thus far including today.  If it wasn't because I have to take mother to her physical therapy as well as her doctor's appointments, I would not leave the house.

I needed to run several errands this afternoon but after just a few stops I threw in the towel and came home. Uruguay is sounding really good to me right now. On the bright side, the Chili Cook-off is less than four months away.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

For the first time in a very long while I have not suffered from NBA withdrawal. I am beginning to not care. These super teams that are forming are ruining it for me.  If Kawhi wants to leave to join LeBron and the Lakers, so be it!

I have mentioned before that I have commitment issues. I am so glad I never bought his jersey or I would be burning it right about now....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

10 comments:

  1. Many days the temps are in the mid 90s here in Decatur but the humidity is higher. It has been a bad year here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you blogging & doing well despite the heat. Have a great 4th of July Ms.Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very strange. Normally where I live (where you used to live!), we'd be blowing the rest of the country out with our temperatures. But we've consistently been lower than people all the way up from just north & west of us all up through Canada. In fact, I don't recall having a triple digit day yet. Humid, yes, but just not what everybody else seems to be getting.

    Today is even more unusual - it's raining (almost pitch black at approx. 10AM) and 79F, the high is predicted at 81 & the low tonight is forecast for 71. July!

    Our local parade & everybody's cookouts have been cancelled but the deluge is supposed to clear out in time for the big local fireworks display tonight. I hope it keeps traveling west to you so yall can get a break.

    I'm expecting any day now we'll finally catch up to this horrendous heat wave currently parked on our continent, but so far...meh. Don't get me wrong. It's hot, but not like what it should have been had we been under the same effects everyone else North America is.

    Happy Fourth to you & your Mom. Hang in there. Rain is (fingers crossed) probably on its way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leilani! Yes, the weather you are having is very strange indeed considering you have not had any triple digit temperature days yet.

      It is 4:51 p.m. as I type and I just saw that you guys had had 8 inches of rain and many parts of the city are flooded, they just did not say which parts. Hope yours is not one of them.

      We will supposedly have rains this evening along with a lot of wind. At this point I will take it any way it comes.

      Happy Fourth to you and yours!

      Delete
  4. Boy I know what you mean. We did have a few days of high 90's which was a relief but tomorrow 109 is predicted and I have an appt. that I think I will have to cancel for something much earlier in the morning. Stay cool if you can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 106 this afternoon and I can not imagine it being 109 and having to go out in that kind of hellish heat. I hope you are able to re-schedule your appointment for an earlier one. In Del Rio if you do not give 24 hour notice to change or cancel your appointment you are accessed a $20.00 fee.

      Delete
  5. Glad you have posted again...in spite of the heat. Which does seem to be a lot of places this summer, including Albany NY! Where I am not,but used to live close by. Now just suffering along in Texas. Hoping for rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albany, New York is a long ways from Texas. Just wondering...did you move here to escape the harsh winters?

      I know I gripe about the heat but if there is something I dislike more than hot weather it is cold and snow.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.