Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Lots of rain / Started a Trend

While some parts of Texas have been getting hammered by both rain and hail we have been lucky and mostly have received beneficial showers. Last night at 4:00 a.m. we had a thunder and lightning show followed by a strong storm.

The weather guy said that if we did not receive rains from Mexico by midnight they would probably not make it into our part of the state. Since I do not trust the weather forecasters I made preparations to cover dad's old car in case we got hail like the Austin area did yesterday.

I have a funny anecdote to share, on Wednesday, May 19th they announced storms with the possibility of hail. I have my stash of cardboard boxes so I placed them over the old ones. The neighbor across the street started to do the same with his truck and his wife's car.  She then came out and yelled at him so he removed them from her vehicle.

When the hail arrived...thankfully it was only pea size...it was coming down hard and that poor man had to rush outside to cover his wife's windshield...jajajajajaja 😇

I on the other hand rushed outside but to find Muñeca (the little orange cat) since she is so small and I was afraid she would get hurt. She was frightened hiding in the back of the old washing machine so I grabbed her and brought her inside. She unlike her siblings is not afraid of me.

Yesterday two more neighbors joined the club and had their cars covered with cardboard and old bedspreads...and I am the one that started that trend last year after the hail storm broke dad's old car side mirrors and chipped the taillights. I'm sure I was the laughing stock of the block but now I have company :D

It has been very muggy with humidity levels in the '70s which is oppressive and temperatures in the mid 90's with a heat index in the triple digits.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




7 comments:

  1. Starting a trend saves a lot of headache with time. It may not be pretty but it's effective.
    Be Safe and Enjoy some needed moisture.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The effectiveness is all that matters in my book. At times like this, I am glad we do not have an HOA out here in the boonies. Had I tried this in Houston I would have gotten as I like to call them a "love letter" from the homeowners association.

      Delete
  2. Aha. You are now a neighborhood hailstorm car-fashionista. I guess you can tell I made that term up. But smart is smart, and people can recognize it when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the new term you coined JudithK..."neighborhood hailstorm car-fashionista" is an upgrade from "tacky cardboard Barrio car rig"...jajajaja :D

      Delete
    2. I'm laughing, and your description never occurred to me. It's good though!!

      Delete
  3. What ever it takes to keep the windshiel and other back one from getting damaged is a good thing. Maybe some of our neighbors had damage and figured you had a good thing going. Now you are the pride of the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a lot of hail damage in Texas this year and the threat continues. I do not know about being the pride of the neighborhood but preventing the windshield as well as other windows from being busted out even if it looks ugly is a win in my book.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.