Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

More stormy weather

Last night I turned off the computer and decided not to watch the ten o'clock news as we started experiencing strong winds, lightning, and thunder followed by 1.11 inches of rain. We also had two short power outages. The rain lulled me into a deep sleep that I very much needed and appreciated.

I finally got to talk to my best friend today as they had been RV'ing for a month. We talked for about two hours until her cellphone battery gave out. It feels great to get caught up as well as relive earlier times. We laughed and laughed as we remembered our late friend Ms. Lucille whom I did not know had her climb into the house via the bathroom window...I suppose I got lucky to only have been shoved through the bedroom window...:D

I was bracing for a Memorial Day weekend full of loud music, parties, and those dreaded fireworks. I can barely believe that NOT A SINGLE FIREWORK was popped in our neighborhood! Thank goodness Mr. Joe's rowdy drunk step-son no longer lives across the street.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



Life Hacks




12 comments:

  1. Glad you had some good rain, with no bad effects from the storm.And a good long visit with a friend is icing on the cake. \(Last year, I found myself involved with Amazon Prime, and at night when I can't sleep, I listen to "The Sounds of Summer Rain." Puts me right out. You could probably listen to it on your phone, and if you dont want Amazon to OWN you like it does me, I'll bet there are things on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Googled it and they have "The Sound of Summer Rain" on YouTube for free. I do not like using my cellphone for anything except as a camera especially since on several occasions I have forgotten to turn it off and was awaken by some sort of alarm or an early morning e-mail or text. I may try it on my tablet. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I don't listen to it on my phone for those same reasons, but as I said, Amazon owns me, so I have an Alexa by my bed. Hope you had a listen and found it helpful.

      Delete
    3. You are braver than I as I am suspicious of electronic listening equipment like Alexa or Siri.

      I have fortunately been able to sleep very well lately.

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear you got all the benefits of good sleeping during the rain. And it is always good to reminisce with a good friend who understands our past escapades.
    Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like I am going to have more opportunities to sleep to the sounds of rain as it is in the forecast for the next several days.

      We may have flooding issues...it is feast or famine in this part of the world.

      Stay safe as well Ms.Penny.

      Delete
  3. I can't stand fireworks either and was glad to not hear even one of them on the holiday! We got very little rain this year and now we are into the dry, hot season, so the grass has already turned brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we both lucked out! I am almost incredulous as it seems there is not a single holiday where people around here don't set off fireworks. The same was the case when I lived in Houston.

      The Weather Channel was talking about how dry California is and how they are having to ration the water to farmers. I certainly hope the situation gets better.

      Delete
  4. Your getting much needed rain but here it just passes on by. Rain will put me to sleep also I love the sound and smell. Catching up with old friends and having some great laughs is always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you soon get your fair shade of liquid gold. Most of the state of Texas is getting a lot of precipitation though I am not complaining as last year the drought killed a lot of trees.

      I think catching up with my best friend and all the laughing apart from the rain also contributed to my good night's rest.

      Delete
  5. OMG Have you seen the youtube videos about the former disgrace having his pants on backwards at his last "r a l l y". I just discovered this a couple of hours ago. I don't think it is in the so called regular news, but youtube has several videos. I laughed until I cried. One showed some clips of his disjointed speech. I think he has had a stroke. Anyway, happy to share a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steven Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel both had the backward pants incident on their monologue on Monday night. Colbert zeroed in on the disgraced twice impeached, one-term liar-in-chief crotch and we were able to see the zipper...I agree it was hilarious :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.