Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

How can it already be Wednesday?

How can it already be Wednesday when just a couple of days ago it was the weekend? I used to love Wednesdays better known as hump day now I dread it because it also happens to be trash day and that means I have to tend to the yard so everything can be hauled away. At least in Houston, we had trash pick up twice instead of once weekly in Val Verde County.

Due to the torrential rains a couple of weeks ago, the weeds have grown exponentially. In some places, they reach four feet high and are rather dense. After the terrible experience with the last worthless yardman last December I have no desire to hire anyone else. Those that have been reading me for a while know that I have a terrible track record of hiring people that lack a good work ethic.

I have been using garden shears to trim the weeds and to hopefully force myself to put together the new weedeater I bought four months ago and that is still sitting unopened in its box. That brings to mind that I still have never put together or used my electric lawnmower...maybe next year?

Thanks to the cloud cover I was able to work on the yard until noon yesterday. My arms hurt so much afterward that I fell asleep watching the ten o'clock news.

The neighbor's worthless drunk son moved back home but this time without his family but with two dogs. One of the darn dogs he takes out every morning and ties him to their fence where it proceeds to bark none stop...same happens in the afternoon. It better not happen at night because I am calling the authorities!

Worthless drunk has not gone to work since he moved in. I do not know how his mother and stepfather put up with him he is 35 or 36 years old.

San Antonio may break a record tomorrow or Friday if it reaches 100 degrees. They are watching a tropical development and hoping it comes their way.

While not in the triple digits we have been in the low to mid-90s and tomorrow it just might reach 100 degrees.  I was watching some of my lady vandweller videos and people are already heading down to Quartzsite, Arizona for the winter to obtain the best camping spots but are finding it is still quite warm.



Good night. May you have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



8 comments:

  1. Ah yes, we have not been rewarded with a cool September after the not so great summer. Later NEXT week, it might be a bit better. Sigh.
    My friend in SA has trash pickup once a week and thinks I live the high life in my little town where it's twice a week. SA does at least make an attempt at the recycling. And here, when I have tree trimmings or brush, all I have to do is have it placed by the curb, and email the city and it disappears the next day. So I do live in luxury in that regard. Well, we can just hang on and hope that October brings some nice little non-flooding rains and cooler temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with your San Antonio friend...you are truly living the high life with a twice-a-week trash pickup! Though SA does give its residents three trash bins for different types of recycling.

      I take mine to the City of Del Rio Recycling Center as there are too many stray dogs here in the county and they tend to raise their leg and leave their markings ruining many items.

      I certainly hope October brings cooler temperatures but I am not holding my breath on that prospect.

      Delete
  2. After having a really nice week of low humidity and low temps it is again nasty, with very high humidity and temps hitting 99 - 100. So back to the A/C again. It had called for 80% chance of rain today but that never happened.
    I bought one of the old fashion weed whackers that looks like a golf club. And after my dumb bug spraying the weeds it will come in handy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you have had low humidity levels...it has been awful here :-(

      You will need to post a picture of your old-fashioned weed wacker on your blog so I can see it as I can not get a mental picture of it and you have spiked my curiosity!

      I have always said that if I won the lottery which is kind of hard since I do not buy lottery tickets...but if I did the first thing I would do is hire a competent gardener since money would not be an impediment.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly what Jo is talking about. There used to be a funny name for it, which I can't remember. But I found a photo when I googled hand thresher for weeds. You've probably seen them too and have forgotten.
    I tried to post the photo, but not sure that happened. You can still find them at Home Depot, Amazon, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JudithK, I googled it and saw a picture of it but I have no idea how to use one will have to go to my trusted YouTube to find a video.

      You can not post a picture on Blogger but you can leave a link. I might go to Home Depot to price one after I find out how to use it provided it is not too strenuous on my back.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.