Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, September 23, 2022

Is anyone else as stressed out as I am?

I have not seen at least on the blogs I read any mention of being stressed out or discussion about our current financial climate. I watch a lot of cable news channels but I find that I get better news on believe it or not YouTube.

You have preppers, financial advisors, successful business people, as well as regular citizens like you and me showing us empty shelves, rising prices, and what items they are buying before they are no longer available.

If you have been reading me for a while you know I usually keep a three-month food supply at the house which during the Covid-19 pandemic increased to 6 months and when the inflationary period began I increased to an 8-month supply. While the house sits on a large parcel of land...the house is not that big and I have no room for more prepping. 😞

The stock market took another hit today and I do not even want to go online to see what it did to my 401-K as it would only compound my anxiety. At least in the 2008 downturn, I had time to recoup...this time around I do not hold out much hope as they are predicting a worse decline. This is not just in the USA but globally so please abstain from any partisan BS. My beloved Argentina is suffering from the highest inflation in three decades...in August 2022 it was 78.5%...so I don't have any room to complain.

I follow several financial channels but my favorite is Dan's I Allegedly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw2bDmiuIXw 

He gives us our daily dose of bad news but at least he chooses nice backdrops to lessen the blow.

I told my uncle in March to start prepping but for some reason he as well as my friends think "I am crazy and/or that I exaggerate". Dan as well as other YouTube channels have been trying to wake us up to reality but if one does not want to listen...what can I do? Nothing...at least I tried to warn them.

We are now in Fall but the temperatures in my part of the world have not gotten the memo. It was 92 degrees today but it beats the triple digits.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



4 comments:

  1. Want an antidote? I've got one. You'll have to read, but he writes short posts. Was a columnist forever with Mother Jones, but he's getting older. (Not as old as me though. Nobody is. Well, that's not true, there are plenty of 77 year old people around.) He likes numbers and simplifies them for me and most of the time, reduces they hype that people come up. I check him every day, and my blood pressure usually comes down. But you do have to read. He does take good cat photos every Friday. He has two at the moment. I've been reading him for years: https://jabberwocking.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link I went to check out his blog and today's title did nothing to ease my stress/anxiety. I read a couple more of his posts and one dealing with numbers totally lost me...Jajaja!

      His cat Charlie looks a lot like my Donald.

      Delete
  2. The only things that seem to be missing from the shelves are store brands, other wise I do not see any empty shelves compared to months ago. I have started to stock up on chicken as those prices are sky high. Ground beef seems to be holding on price but I have started to buy extra and turned my small freezer back on. As for some of those preppers I think they are a little off. They speak of doomsday well what good is all that food if everyone is dead! To each their own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people that post their grocery hauls on YouTube are from different states so their shortages are different from mine. Not being a cook I also buy different items and avoid others like meats but buy a lot of canned goods since that works for me.

      There are some Prepper channels that I like because they don't preach to people or go on political rants. I avoid the ones that are too out there...the important thing is that people prepare for what is coming...though few are.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.