Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Early Voting / Whataburger

The State of Texas began early voting this past Monday, October 24th for the 2022 Mid-Term Elections. I usually cast my vote during this time as there are fewer people and in case I drop dead at least I did my civic duty and voted for the candidates of my preference.


There were not that many cars in the parking lot, but quite a few people were voting inside. There was no line and I was checked in and given a ballot in less than one minute. The ladies and men that work the elections are always so nice. They greet you with a smile and when you leave always thank you for voting. Kudos to them for having to run elections in these trying times.

As usual, there were more people supporting their candidates than actual voters. Early voting takes place at the Del Rio Civic Center for all Precincts.

The reddish-brown brick building in the background
 is the Del Rio Police Department. There were also
two units from the Val Verde Sheriff's Dept. by
the front door.


After being disappointed on my last visit to Dairy Queen decided to give Whataburger another chance. It was the ideal time as hardly anyone was dining inside. It was the best hamburger I have had in a long time!



As I ran errands afterward noticed that Wendy's was closed for remodeling which is a good thing because this store has always been dingy and I have not eaten here in years.


Gasoline went down by .04 cents to $3.059 for Unleaded and by .03 cents to $4.529 for Diesel.


The weather has been beautiful the high yesterday was only 76 degrees.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




2 comments:

  1. I also already voted, glad to get it out of the way. Now for actual day so they can stop running these annoying ads everywhere!
    I haven't eaten and Whataburger in years, guess because there isn't one near to where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you also were able to cast your vote. I too am tired of all the vicious political ads mostly exaggerated and untrue on the Texas airwaves.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.