Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 16, 2022

New glasses / Cool front on the way

I received a call around noon Friday and it caught me by surprise since my excellent telephone system does not allow calls through unless the caller identifies themselves otherwise it will not ring. Most of the calls are Robocalls or house flippers so they do not bother to do so. It happened to be the lady at the Walmart Eye Center to let me know that my eyeglasses had arrived.

Ordinarily, I would not consider going to Walmart on a Friday afternoon but it is better than going during the weekend or Monday when we are supposed to have heavy rains. If you have been reading me for a while you know I do not drive in the rain or at night...so I went to retrieve my new glasses. 👓

I am very happy with them and I can see much better. It's a bummer that my vision changed so much in just one year...old age :-(

This time I needed some more salads and a couple of other items. I found two marked-down salads but did not notice that only one took and the other I was charged full price so had to stand in line to be refunded $1.05.  It made me think of my dad, he hated when Mom and I did that...he would have just let it go.


I found some good prices on Family-size canned green beans for only .88 cents...better still lids that do not require a can opener.


Family Size Whole Kernel Corn for $1.00


I have mentioned in the past how much I miss buying Sara Lee bread at Dollar Tree. They now sell a no-name brand for $1.25 which is not very good. Went to buy a loaf only to be surprised by the price of $4.17...I passed 😠


I was also shocked to find that these two-can bundles of Chunk Chicken Breast were selling for $9.98 when last month I bought the same item but it had four cans for the same price.



Was glad I had purchased my Starkist tuna packs at HEB for a dollar each as they were much higher here.


Guess what I found as I walked around...cardboard boxes to make cuchas for my cats...that means beds in Spanish. As you know Grayson had five kittens who are now four months old.



I am still dismayed that Walmart has not been able to sell its canopies...maybe if they lower the price I might buy the white one for next year.


Gasoline prices went down a nickel for unleaded gasoline at $3.139 a gallon but Diesel went up .30 cents to $4.599 a gallon.


I was going to stop to fill up but there were just too many vehicles there and I still had 2/3 of a tank left.


I did stop at Dairy Queen to fill up my tummy. However, DQ and Whataburger are always a hit or miss and today's burger was OK but their fries were cold and horrible. If I am going to cheat...it better be worth it...grrrrrrrrrrrr! 😠


I was going to buy myself a soft cone for dessert just as a family with a screaming toddler sat next to me forcing me to make a beeline for the door. I guess it just was not my day for cheating.


Finally, after all these hot temperatures we are expecting rains and a cool front which will bring the temperatures down to the 70s for a high and last for four days before inching back up for the weekend.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



8 comments:

  1. Oh yes. The high here was in the low 70's today, after 90's on Saturday, two days ago. Just wonderful. The rain turned out to be a half inch, which is of course better than nothing......but....Anyway, glad you are liking your new glasses. It's really a good thing to be able to see well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was wonderful to finally have some rain, even though it will only make the weeds grow faster. As of the five o'clock, San Antonio news channels reported Del Rio had received 1.5 inches of rain today.

      Delete
  2. When I got up this morning it was a wonderful 56 degrees and it was a beautiful 81 with a slight breeze for afternoon high . I think it's time to clean up the porch and start sitting out there and enjoying this weather!

    I see you found some good prices on family sized veggies. And you happy with your new glasses..

    On my way to the store this morning I noticed gas was $3.69 so I top off with only 5.5gls costing me $21. and change GRRR.
    Once again Auntie Acid had my same problem with finding seeds LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning it was a very nice 66 degrees, and due to the rain and lack of sun, we only reached a high of 65 which felt wonderful.

      I am glad we are not paying $6.00 plus dollars for gas like they are in California and other states.

      Off the record, you have said you follow CamperVan Kevin...can you tell me what happened to Baby Mae Mae's foot? He only refers to her "accident" but does not say much more on his videos.

      Delete
    2. It was very windy and a gate was leaning against the the post and fell on Baby Mae Mae's leg or her period and messed up her tiny little leg.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for clearing that up for me as I had no clue what had happened to her little leg. Kevin is a caring and loving dog daddy to his three little ones. I am sure it is costing him a pretty penny to take her to the chiropractor for her treatment.

      Delete
  3. I think it will be some time before we start seeing prices seriously start to come down. I really wish our fuel prices were as low as the ones you just showed.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel lucky that our gasoline prices are low in comparison to the rest of the nation and other countries. I read how much it cost you to fill up your vehicles in Canada.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.