Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, October 28, 2022

Should not have procrastinated / Recycling Center / Library

I have had two opportunities to fill my tank but passed due to long lines at the pump. I knew I would get the call to go pick up my prescriptions but due to some "kitty drama" got a late start. I thought gasoline prices were on the way down but today I found gasoline went up by .10 cents to $3.159 for unleaded gasoline. My camera has a problem taking pictures of pixel images like the ones used at HEB for their gasoline prices so I had to delete it.

Went to the Recycling Center where each time they reduce the items you can bring to them. Yet they do nothing about people that bring their dirty cat food cans that stink and contaminate the clean ones...I was pissed off but I could not find anyone to complain to....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Swung by the post office only to find our P.O. Box full of political and flipper junk mail. When are those darn Houston area flippers going to give up? 😝


Needed a lot of room to spread out to sort my mail and write checks...what better place than the Val Verde County Library. They have lots of light, cold air conditioning, and I do not have to listen to the neighbor's dogs barking or put up with the free-range chickens of Walter's former owner. Not to mention our own cats, hopefully, I will have an opportunity to update their blog soon.


My trip to the library left me calm and relaxed that I fell asleep before the ten o'clock news and did not have a chance to make a post.

Since it's morning I can not wish you Terlingua Dreams so have a nice day!


Aunty Acid




4 comments:

  1. Aha. I could'nt comment yesterday, and couldn't figure out why. Not that I had much to say. Ha. But must have been something. Anyway, I'm glad you fell asleep before the 10 o'clock news. And hope you stayed that way til a decent hour. Chilly here today, with rain off an on. Not a lot, but something. More yesterday I think. If my grandmother were still around, she could take care of one of your neighbor's chickens and provide you with a fine meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so tired that I got eight hours of sleep something unheard of in my case. The strong winds woke me up this morning and it was chilly but no rain here.

      I think most of our grandmothers had no other choice but to learn the fine art of slaying a chicken and turning it into a delicious meal...glad that at least in my case it skipped two generations...chickens scare me!

      Delete
  2. You had a busy day but sure did lots of things.
    Don't know about where you live but the bashing is mostly done by the Republicans, had a few former republicans did ads against the party after 1/6 as they were so ashamed to see what the party has turned into.
    Gas is like being on a roller coaster ride.
    Been down right chilly here too, even had to turn the heat on so I could take a shower haha is this what we were waiting for?? That's OK by me I'm loving these colder temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Texas, the bashing and the outright shameless lies are also done by the Republicans. They are spending millions of dollars on Spanish Speaking channels like Telemundo and Univision to target Hispanic viewers who tend to favor Democratic candidates.

      While it has been chilly in the morning by the afternoon I have to turn on the A/C in the car but not in the house.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.