Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, February 25, 2023

New businesses open in 2023 in Del Rio, Texas

Even though Texas and the nation, in general, are not having their best economic moment...Del Rio has attracted new businesses and the accompanying jobs that this area so desperately needs. 


I had gone to my bank that is across the street from the back of the mall (we only have one mall) when I noticed that the former Beall's store was going to become a Burlington Coat Factory.


At the time I took this picture, they were also building an Arby's and a deli whose name was not familiar to me.  I have not been out this way since so I need to drive by and get an updated photo.


They also remodeled our local Wendy's which if you went inside was rather dingy and the floors were always dirt and sticky,


We attracted a new hotel to town with the added bonus that it is two hotels sharing the same building.


It is a La Quinta and a Hawthorne hotel.



The store that really had me excited was the opening of a second Dollar Tree. This one is closer to us thus putting it at a disadvantage since it is located on the road that leads to the Del Rio International Bridge. What I mean by that is that it is always packed and it does not have sufficient parking space. People are even parking in the red zone usually designated as a "no park fire zone".


I have only gone in on one occasion and unless it is as empty as the day I took this picture I think I will just keep patronizing the original store on the north side of town. It is larger and has plenty of parking spaces. Another advantage of the other one is that Ollie's and Harbor Freight are in the same strip center.

Both yesterday and today it has been overcast and cold. This morning we had a short-lived shower..but never fear...next week we will be in the 80s and might reach the 90s...per the weather forecasters.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid





Funny Memes (according to me)





4 comments:

  1. How great is this to get all these new stores. We have few Burlingtons here. I was raised in NJ and that is where Burlington Coat Factory started and they only sold clothing mosty coats and jackets of top quality! I was so sad to see the trash they sell now. but I guess they had to make the changes to survive.
    We had a beautiful day today and I was able to open a few windows and the front door. Of course it didn't last long, the wind picked up and the temps dropped. But I was happy to have that much fresh air come into the house.
    Loved tonights jokes LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lost several stores in 2022 including Sears, Fallas, and a couple of restaurants so these new businesses bring a much-needed boost to our local economy.

      The last time I was in a Burlington Coat Factory was about 20 years ago in Houston so I do not recall what they sold at the time besides coats and jackets...I will have to go check it out.

      I am glad you were able to air out your house. I just watched the 10 o'clock news and we too will have wind gusts tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. P.S. I'm glad you enjoyed the jokes, Jo...I laughed hysterically when I read them, especially the last one since I now "willingly" watch Lawrence Welk :-D

      Delete
  2. I tried to edit this post but all I got were numbers and gibberish. The comment about Wendy's should read :

    "They also remodeled our local Wendy's which if you went inside was rather dingy and the floors were always DIRTY and sticky."

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.