Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Recycling Center / Plaza del Sol Mall

I have been carrying my recycling items for far too long in the trunk of my car. Decided today was the day to take a trip to the City of Del Rio Recycling Center and unload them. 

I wanted to go check out some stores at Plaza del Sol Mall mainly Burlington Coat Factory. The last time I was inside one was twenty years ago in Houston. This new store is located in the former Beall's department store but it somehow seems bigger than the former store was. I looked around but did not find anything I could not live without.


I am glad Burlington set up shop at the mall because even before the pandemic stores have been closing right and left. Today I saw a lot of vacant spaces. I walked over to Ross also located inside the mall and found a couple of Baggallini purses. I do not know what has happened to this brand but the quality of their purses has been on a steady decline.

Then I walked to the opposite side of the mall to Marshall's but again found nothing I could not live without.

I started watching "La Casa de Los Famosos" which is the Mexican version of Big Brother VIP.  This is a very addictive show which is streamed live 24/7 on the Internet. With my insomnia issues, I have been watching it on my old cellphone and/or my tablet but after a while, my hand hurts from holding it or the electronic gets warm.


Ollie's is having a sale this week on Pillow Pads for your small electronics for only $5.99 but you could not remove the cover to wash it. I opted for a Cozy Tablet Buddy by Total Vision that has a detachable and washable cover, space for a wireless keyboard, and five small pockets for storage of accessories for only $9.99.


I was surprised that Ollie's already had window air conditioners on sale. Perhaps I should not be because it has been hot lately though today I did not watch either the afternoon or the evening news so do not know the actual temperature we reached but I did have to turn on the car A/C.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.