Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, May 15, 2023

Foul weather / Blogger Problems

We had some wild weather last week and it looks like it will continue this week as well. A little after lunch we had an electrical storm that of course left us without power but at least it was not for long. We have had so much precipitation that I no longer have bins or containers to capture more for my primitive rain catchment.


The rain catchment is not just to save water but because water ponds here as well. 


Just look at all the new weeds that have popped up and are waiting for me to try out the new hoe I bought recently at a price I could not pass up of only $7.03.


I thought these were cute but when I looked at the price decided they were not cute enough to justify paying $49.98.




Just look at my vacant lot behind the cinder block fence...those darn mesquite trees are green and lush...grrrrrrrrr!! 😭


Has anyone been having problems with Blogger comments lately? I had 5 comments in the Spam Folder and when I went to look 4 of them were mine and 1 was from a blogger but these date back to 2013. Today I had an additional three comments in Spam but those too are old.



Last week when I checked my Reading List it had pages and pages of old posts from blogger Dave of Living Out Here going back 11 years. I am sure he did not do eleven years of updates. What is up Blogger?

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



4 comments:

  1. WOW you sure are getting slammed with rain! We get threats of storms now for about 5 days and only had one 5 min. down pour yesterday. But OH this wind!! Hope your new hoe works fast for you. There are trees like that on the other side of my wall but that is county property and the flooding from the county water comp is what caused this. We are fighting them to get this cleared out before they bring down the wall. Sometimes you just can't win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been in a drought for so long that I had forgotten the perils of so much rain falling in a relatively short amount of time. I am glad that the wind has not been a factor here like it was last year. The YouTubers that are living or camping in Arizona always complain about the strong winds.

      I hope your HOA can resolve the problems with the county water comp. I need to get that lot cleared but I do not want to spend money as I am very worried about the economy.

      Delete
  2. Glad you've had some rain. Ours has been moderate, but enough that the lae has come up two feet. Glad you haven't been flooded out...though that vacant lot looks pretty full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason in Del Rio, we take it to extremes...it is either feast or famine. This morning we had another doozy of a storm.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.