Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Sage is Blooming

There is nothing more beautiful here in the desert of West Texas than when the sage blooms.  It is a glorious spectacle.


I was awaken to the sound of thunder along with a show of lighting around 2:11 a.m. The first thought that came to mind was the memorial weekend crowd camping at Lake Amistad.


Around noon I convinced my mother to go driving around with me to the different campgrounds with the excuse that I wanted to take pictures of the sage.

I was so surprised that there was absolutely NOBODY at the Spur 277 North or at San Pedro Campground, and only one RV at the secluded campground on highway 90 West which exact name eludes me at the moment. The only campground that had people was my favorite Governors Landing.


Made me wonder if last night storms drove them to hotels or if they even came at all.  Yesterday I treated mom to a strawberry sundae at Dairy Queen and there were a lot of tourists so hopefully they are still around.


When we got home Walter was waiting for us!  Gave him some water, which he promptly drank.  After we finished our Long John Silver’s special meal of two for $10.00 which I must way was quite tasty we went outside to take some pictures.  Walter had never seen my Mom before so I think he got spooked and quickly retreated to his corral even though I kept on calling him back.


Hopefully he grazed on plenty of grass before we got home and had a full tummy.
Billy Bob had to include a picture of your tree, look how much it has grown
since your last visit!


May you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! The sage is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I would love to spend some time there when it is in bloom. I just love the smell after a rain. Although that is not often. Enjoy it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope one day you can make it down here when it is in bloom.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you mean Spur 406 campground. It is not the best one there. I like Rough Canyon pretty well also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure of the name but if anyone knows the camping areas around here it is you so I will take your word for it.

      I was only able to find the Rough Canyon campground the first time I looked for it. For some reason have not been able to find it since. It is quite beautiful there as well.

      Delete
  3. Love that sage, and it's fantastic here too, although not wild. I have one in my front yard. Can't imagine seeing it like it is there.
    Strawberry is my fav too.
    Thx for the update on Walter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome...I have become quite attached to Walter.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. No, you sure can't West Tx at Heart. Thank you for coming by!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.