Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Whoever heard of watering trees in February?

I have been busy as a bee.  Speaking of bees...well more like wasps...they are already out and about and buzzing me!

Mother has been making comments about how full and lush our neighbor's trees are because he waters them every day.  Like I told her...he only has two trees...you have a lot more than that.  The only reason he waters them is because he is a "Nosy Rosie" who runs and grabs his water hose whenever he sees something so the neighbors wont think he is prying :D

Guess what I did this afternoon?  Yeah...I watered her trees and plants! I also hosed down our vehicles and my wonderful Kodiak canvas tent after those wicked winds on Thursday.  Made me wonder how strong the winds were down in Terlingua?

Mother's mini van is running good after her recent tune-up. He also fixed the lock on the sliding door and sold us some new (to us) hubcaps that make her look much better.  Hopefully the mini van as well as Dad's old car wont need his services anytime soon.

I have been thinking about starting a separate blog so I can document what is going on in Walter's world and maybe one day Val Verde County will form an animal abuse unit or at least follow up on cases that have been reported to them.  I am still kicking that idea around in my head.


Both last night and today a different horse (of the three that came last week) has come by to eat his hay and it has made him go crazy.  I don't blame him one bit.  His owner is not dumb, he knows if he has bales of hay outside of his corral, the sheriff will not be stopping by.  Apparently these horses that have come for a visit, are hungry too.  If the Deputies could only see that the bales do not get consumed at the rate that a horse of his stature would normally eat.


I heard Walter do his yell (sorry I do not know proper horse terminology) and I ran outside.  If I could hear it two lots down how come his owners did not?  Had to yell for that kid even though his father's vehicle was there.  I almost died laughing when he got a rope and was going to try to lasso that horse...yeah like he really knows how...horse didn't wait, he took off...jajajajajaja :D

Their family dog had the nerve to bark at me!






Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Now that you've got those cars tuned up and working good, be sure and start them up at least every 30 days and run them a bit. I'm learning that this new Govt mandated ethanol gas will go sour and lawn mowers, chain saws, generators, cars etc will not start w/o draining fuel tanks and carb bowls of old gas.
    As long as you start and run a few minutes every 30 days you oughta be okay. Its what I was told by a small engine repair shop owner. They say it begins to deteriorate at 21 days old.

    You can only get non ethanol gas as aviation fuel, all gas stations have to sell ethanol now.

    Another great US Govt idea gone bad that will never be reversed.

    IMHO
    Bigfoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You taught me a lesson today Bigfoot, I had no idea about gas deteriorating after 21 days.

      I usually drive both cars (when they are in running condition) at least once a week to go into town. Dad's old car is particularly vulnerable to not starting up after a couple of days but I am hoping the new fuel pump has remedied this situation.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I think your idea about Walter is a great one. That dog sure looks well fed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dog is like Walter, it is feast or famine for him too. They used to have two dogs but recently learned that one had gotten run over.

      You could see both of them eating trash along the side of the road. He also eats Walter's poop, but I hear most dogs do that anyway.

      Will have to give it some more thought but I really do want to start a blog about him. Any suggestions?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.